JW Whips 12 year old daughter to death !! This is very graphic be warned!!

by Hairyhegoat 61 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Dredging up these sorts of news items then claiming that it is the product of the JW environment is inexcusably one-eyed.

Tell that to the JW kids who got beaten with belts, sticks or whatever because the WTS taught and approved the use of physical discipline

on to children, quoting Scripture that says spare the rod and spoil the child. Many JW fathers or parental guardians did just that.

Mind you this is not exclusive to the JWS, many other so called Christian based faiths did so as well, with regrettable results.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i know a woman who paid friends, headed to mexico
    for the weekend, to bring back a leather riding crop
    which she used to "discipline" her kids....

she was a single mother
    she was an alcoholic
    she was a roman catholic

she was my mother....

you dont have to be a JW to be abusive

• cofty
    cofty

Clearly what happened in this case is not the norm in the borg, however the WT does encourage the use of corporal punishment and finds justification for that in the bible. It creates an environment where the punishment of children is seen as a virtue. When disturbed people take that to an extreme the borg can't be entirely excused.

In the UK it is a criminal offense to hit a child with an object such as a belt or slipper. The law permits reasonable discipline and an open haded slap on the leg that does not result in a bruise would not be illegal but any parent who strikes a child in any way in a public place can probably expect to be challenged by onlookers.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Awful.It must have been awful.But on the other hand,I remember times when I wasnt able to go to school the next day after a beating cause I had a split lip or ripped ear cartilage.I HATE JW's.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

BD

This passage is instruction given to parents whose GROWN child has become a profligate and a drunkard. A profligate was someone who spent all his money on riotous living, like the Prodigal Son of Luke 15:11-32. The purpose of the stoning was not to change the behavior of this adult child, but to purge evil from the house of Israel. The parents said that their discipline had not changed his behavior, so now he had to be punished. That is the difference between discipline and punishment. A child is disciplined while there is still hope of him changing. Punishment is a final judgement of God against a person when there is no longer any hope of changing his heart. Punishment is not a form of discipline, and this stoning is not an example of discipline. In discipline, we show grace to the child. In punishment, God shows justice.

How old does a 'GROWN child' have to be before his parents can't take him to the city gates and have him killed for not obeying their every whim and fancy?

I'm a grown child. I am considered stubborn and rebellious because I'm not a member of my father's cult. Should I be murdered by his religious leaders because of that? Do I deserve punishment? Would it be Justice?

When a person reads old religious literature, should they try to understand the author's intent, or try to read between the lines to make it into something that doesn't offend their 2011 sensibilities?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I read this with tears flowing freely. I was beaten as a child. Two of the beatings were extremely severe. They were belt whippings. One of them, I was finally rescued by my sister. The other I wasn't so fortunate. I remember how much these beatings hurt physically. I remember screaming in horrific pain and begging my mother to stop. I was 8 and 10 years old. I cannot imagine how a 3/4's inch wide, heavy electrical cord would hurt.

My mother was a good mother who otherwise had psychotic rages. One thing she did right was religion. She took us to the very loving, mild and non controlling Episcopal Church. She allowed us to visit any church we wanted. She did not like Jehovah's Witnesses. She never once used God to shame, humiliate or scare us. If she had been a JW though, I imagine she might have killed one of us kids during one of her rages. I knew something was very wrong with her. I took over her care when I was in my thirties. I took her to a psychiatrist and it was detemined she had a severe rapid mood cycling disorder that would cause her mood to change erratically at least one during the day.

My dad never spanked me. He ran from the room crying the one time he was going to spank me. He just couldn't do it. Now I cannot imagine how it would have been for him to have beaten me, helped my mother and had my siblings participate and not try to save me.

No, you can't completely blame Jehovah's Witnesses for this murder/torture of this 12 year old child. But you can see how such a controlling, fear inspiring religion, that teaches of a god who sounds like a great, big, bully child abuser could inspire sick parents to do this to their children. Perhaps these parents were victims of their own abuse as children. Or maybe, like my mother, they suffered from some rage disorder. But Jehovah is a violent, murderous parent, now isn't he? What a terrible combination: sick, psycho, violent parents whose god is a sick, violent, psycho parent.

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

OMG I am sorry for posting this now. I feel bad. You must have had a nightmare as child ! How did you cope with all of this? You must be a strong and really good person to have put up with this.

HHG sends hugs from the UK

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Please, don't worry that you posted this, okay? The thing that saved me was that my mother was at least pretty loving to me when she wasn't hit with one of her rages. We got a lot of freedom to have fun and she did mostly nice things for me. I was terrified of her at times, but I understood she was not okay. I was mostly a pretty happy, upbeat child. Those two bad beatings did kind of break my spirit somewhat. I remember distinctly thinking she had gone too far. I remember it being hard to forgive her. Just being stunned that an otherwise loving mother could do that to her own child. I had to hide my bruises when I went to school. That was the late 60's and you didn't hear of child protection services getting involved back then. But I guess I just looked mostly at any blessings that came along and enjoyed them immensely. I vowed never to beat on my kids. I was too busy grooving on the Beatles and Motown and top 40 radio and having fun with girl scouts, dancing lessons, bowling, softball, climbing trees, vine swinging in the woods, skating, bike riding, going to the movies, sleep overs and looking at the cute boys to feel too sorry for myself.

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Thanks for the update

HHG Sends Hugs From The UK @ 12.05 AM !

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hugs from the UK are wonderful. Thank you so much. I love them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit