Hey there Ms Ducky, Merry Christmas, How are you doing ?!?!?

by wasblind 20 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
  • Snoozy
    Snoozy

You were missed..missed....missed...

Big hugs..

Snoozy, who is snowed in and lovin it...

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey there Snoozy,

I'm gettin' snowed in too a white christmas is rare here.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Well, I've been through a lot. I've had a lot of tests and scans, I've had a double mastectomy with left axillary node dissection, and I had my first dose/s of chemo last Monday. I'm going to have 6 doses of FEC chemo every three weeks; than I have to have 12 doses of Taxotere chemo weekly; than I'm supposed to get radiation and start some sort of hormonal prevention for cancer (My breast cancer was/is ER and PR+).

It's not fun; but I'm hanging in there.

Hugs to you and Snoozy!

• wasblind
    wasblind

You hang in there Lady,

you have been on my mind, so glad to see you posting today

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You were missed indeed MsD. Glad to see you back and I'm hoping for the best for you.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey there Josie Merry christmas Lady

I know Syl is gonna be glad to see you postin' Ms Ducky

hope you feelin' well enough when she comes on board tomorrow

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thank you WB, back at ya.

Yeah Sylvia will be really glad to see you here MsD.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

I'm still adjusting. I'm pretty moody. Sometimes, I just don't know what to say. But, it's nice to know that you all are thinking of me.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Ms. D. I am filled with tender concern for you. This is no way to spend Christmas. Now here you are, going through all of this. I am praying for your recovery and hoping this will be your only bout with chemo therapy. I'm hoping a good bill of health for you very very soon.

I have not had cancer. I have had disfiguring surgery of another kind, that prevented a certain kind of cancer. I took great comfort from the actress Ann Gillian who had a double mastectomy that same year. I knew that if someone so beautiful could face all that with courage, then I could find the courage to face my own fears and surgery. Your openess about this will help people. Thank you for this.

May you find your own shangri-la.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit