Christmas visit from the elders

by MrFreeze 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Well difference there was that I went from upstanding pioneer ministerial at the start of a meeting, to brother who just confessed to having doubts and being apostate by the end of that night. It was quite a leap that I took. I bet I shocked the hell out of those brothers.

• pianodavy
    pianodavy

I live 4 doors away from the Kingdom Hall where once I attended as a baptized Dub. I stopped going to meetings in 2003 and they never once tried to arrange a formal meeting to encourage me, which was quite acceptable to me. Well, it's been 2 years since I formally, in writing, diassociated myself. Since I decided some time ago that I didn't want anything to do with these pain-in-the-asses, I took one simple step which forbids elders from coming to my door (according to their own guidelines in their secret special manual). I openly and proudly declared myself apostate on YouTube, complete with dozens of videos exposing these creeps for being the nasty cult that they truly are. They avoid me like the plague!

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

Just n from bethel; I think Mr. Freeze understanded my point. He caught them in at least 3-4 lies, and he held them to it. I give him LOTS OF CREDIT for not letting them change the subject. and drive his points HOME. TRUST ME THE ELDERS UNDERSTOOD WHAT MR. FREEZE WAS SAYING ABOUT READING HEARTS ETC. just n from bethel, maybe you didn't understand what Mr. Freeze did. It was clear as a bell to me he stumped them/ out played them at their own game. My point was if the jw's come around again keep hitting them with questions they can't answer and make them lie to your face. then call them on their lies, thats right I say embarrass jw's when you catch them lying. By making them know they are not PULLING THAT LIE OVER ON ME OR JESUS. See Just n from bethel; there is an art that comes in many shapes/styles and colors on how to take down your jw tormentors. JUST N FROM BETHEL; you comparing me to Danny Hassard, is a atupid ignorrant remark. I was never a jw and never knocked on doors proclaiming the wts as Jehovah's org. you know nothing about me and if I can get only 2 words in with jw's or have had long bible/wts debates that lasted months. In any event I wish Mr. Freeze and you the best... JYD

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

JYD - Nobody thinks that Freeze didn't handle himself well. He did. It was nice that he shared it. Gives everyone here, one of MANY ways in which they might handle themselves depending on their own unique situation.

But that was not the point of your post I was referring to. I just called you out on your little attempt to put yourself up on a pedestal, claiming anybody here that doesn't go around like you seeking to have it out with JWs are just 'whiners' and not 'stand-upish'. I'll even go as far and say that it's true - with the thousands of registered posters here, there might be a couple or so that need to man up a little more. But lumping every fader in that category is one of the most idiotic posts that I've ever seen on this board. The fact is, most former JWs move on. Look at all the members here that are registered and never post. They've gotten on with their life. Some faded over a period of time. Others did so more quickly. Their life, most of the time, has nothing to do with seeking out JWs and proving them wrong. You say there should be pages and pages of praise for one ex-JW that made a nice defense. Well, if that's so - you should write pages and pages of praise for all the faded JWs that never post here anymore and have moved on with their life - a far more powerful testimony to JWs than seeking them out to pounce on when they're in their ministry. (Because according to you, anybody not willing to do that is just powerless weakling.)

You see, one thing for sure I know about 99% of the registered posters here, is that if they were never a JW (nor married to one) to begin with, they wouldn't waste time here - and even if they somehow came upon this site and found it interesting, they sure wouldn't criticize people for fading in their own way. After all they were never in any of these folks shoes - because they were never a JW (nor married to one). That is what you just admitted. So you weren't a JW, you never knocked on doors to tell others their beliefs, liefstyles, and way of thinking was wrong. Yet you come here and tell ex-JWs how they should proceed. What a wasteful life you have. It's even worse than somebody like Danny Haszard - at least he has a semi-excuse. It makes you look like you were jealous of never being a JW - like you wished you could've gone around and told people how to live their lives. You didn't get that chance as a JW, so you come here. Wow. You have truly given purposeless boredom a new meaning.

That would be like me going on to an ex-mormon board or ex-scientolgy board and telling them how to behave with their former friends and family. Completely and utterly pointless. So while I can never understand how bored one must be to come here though never a JW himself, I'm glad you made it clear that you have never been in anyone's shoes here. That way when you bitch and moan that faders aren't pissed off or bitter enough to be as tough as you think you would have been - they know that in all likelihood, you're just talking out of your ass. So for that - we thank you.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

If 1914/dates fails, then doesn't the whole house of cards also fall?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

DING DING DING! We have a winner! skeeter, that is EXACTLY the point I was driving home with 607. If 607 is wrong, 1914 is wrong. If 1914 is wrong, Jehovah's Witnesses whole belief system about last days is wrong.

They don't see it like that. They said "you spend all this time dwelling on one point and you are going to let that keep you from serving Jehovah!" It's so funny how it's always the fault of the people, the GB is NEVER the one to blame when it comes up with BS and you catch them in it.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

I wonder if there would be a simple way to phrase a question, one to really make them think.

What about "If 1914 were wrong, what unique evidence would we have that Jesus chose the Jehovah's Witnesses as his organization and is guiding the Watchtower from heaven as we speak?"

They may say something like, 'well the international brotherhood - our Christian Neutrality - the preaching work...'

But those answers all are things that are not exclusive to JWs.

Take for example the preaching work - JW's love to brag about numbers right? Try this on for size:

"Gideons International (also known as Gideon's Bible) is an evangelicalChristian organization dedicated to distributing copies of the Bible in over 92 languages and 192 countries of the world, most famously in hotel and motel rooms. The organization was founded in 1899 in Janesville, Wisconsin, as an early American parachurch organization dedicated to Christian evangelism. It began distributing free Bibles, the work it is chiefly known for, in 1908, when the first Bibles were placed in the rooms of the Superior Hotel in Superior, Montana.

Nearly 76.9 million Gideon Scriptures were given out in 2007. Close to 1.5 billion have been distributed since 1908."

How do you like them apples, JWs? Yet these Bible distributors are part of false religion that are going to be destroyed. Yet, the ironic thing is that many JWs in countries where there are no NWT Bibles, have to use these and other protestant translations. All those Bibles that were distributed to people who were or became JWs - was Jesus using them too - to get Bibles to these JWs in other countries? But wouldn't that mean that Jesus is using that organization - that he's guiding and directing it? Wouldn't their numbers give evidence of Jesus' direction to them?

• Room 215
    Room 215

Looks like these elders wanted to set a good example by showing up for field service on Christmas morning and then chickened out by going to your place instead of knocking on strangers' doors..... The elders who were coerced into going to elders' school on holiday weekends are really getting what they deserve.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

Just n from bethel; Now your getting it, these are the kind of questions I ask jw's hence stumping them or enlighten them. I enjoy using the gideons on them also the "Americian bible society" which claims to translate bibles or parts of the bible into . HOLD YOUR HAT over 2400 languages. that amount sounded way to much to me so I called them in nyc. They were very nice and mailed me a large packet breaking down what countries they were active in and long lists of languages parts or the whole bible they do. I didn't add up all the numbers. but it looked impressive. ON a bethel tour not so many years ago the bethel old timer giving the tour . took me to a plaque on the wall and was bragging how the wts translates the bible in 31 languages ( i think it was 31 ) the ensuing conversation went much like your arguement, throwing in the AMerican bible society and asking why the wt mag is printed in over 100 languages and not the bible/nwt. It was a very interesting tour to say the least.

• pirata
    pirata

@JunkYardDog: I was never a jw and never knocked on doors proclaiming the wts as Jehovah's org.

Probably why you don't understand the "whiners" here at JWN. I don't know if I could have either if I had not been part of the religion. It's more than just a matter of how big one's balls are, though. Do YOU have to risk losing all your family, marriage mate, job, etc by changing your religion? Depending how much history we have in the religion, we have a lot of crap and emotional mess to sort out before/during/after leaving. Part of the role of this forum is to provide support for people as they transition out of the organization. Some do it in a few months, some takes years. I appreciate your efforts to "wake up" JWs, but everyone's path is different and we don't all do it in the heroic "screw-it-all" way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit