Christmas visit from the elders

by MrFreeze 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I do understand what you are saying JYD. Seems like everytime these guys come around it's always real early in the morning, when they know I'm still sleeping. Trying to catch me off guard. My tactic has been to let them spout whatever they want to say, find an opening and bring out my point.

Their best argument they have is "where else are you going to go?"

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

This kid should have 5 pages of posts surporting him . based on the GREAT JOB he did working over his jw elders. If 90% of the crybaby posters here had the nerve of this kid Mr freeze. I wouldn't have to read here at jwd over and over again how the jw's family./friends. make xjw's and faders whine year after year. I only read one post from Mr. Freeze but I can see he's a stand up guy

• ziddina
    ziddina

GOOD for you!!! Sounds like you really 'hammered' them!!!

About this eternal excuse of theirs:

"During the discussion they were trying to dig into the reasons for me leaving. It couldn't possibly be the teachings! They asked, "Is it a girl? Is it drugs? Is it alcohol?" No on all three, ..."

Ooooooh, BROTHER.....

[my words...] "Oh, no, it CAN'T be the TEACHINGS!!! It must be "Satan" and some of 'his' EEEEEEEvil snares.... ...."

The very next time they try that line on you, use "broken record" techniques...

"It IS the teachings!! .... It IS the teachings!! .... It IS the teachings!! ...." and on and on and on...

Probably won't get THRU, but at least you tried...

Zid

• Think About It
    Think About It

He could reply like this if they ask him again.

Is it a girl? Yes, the fact that both Russell & Rutherford divorced their wives and had mistresses.

Is it alcohol? Yes, Booze Rutherford was a mean spirited drunk and smuggled alcohol freely into Bethel during Prohibition.

Is it drugs? Yes, after reading up on Russell & Rutherford you would have to be on crack to stay in this crazy religion.

The elders will not have an answer for any of this. Of course, he could just tell them to F off and leave him alone.

Think About It

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Now I wouldn't go that far JYD. It can really be hard and intimidating to talk to these people you've looked up to and respected your whole life. Telling them my opinion is like telling them "hey, your whole life is a waste and you are wrong wrong wrong!" It can really be a hard thing to do. I'm honestly surprised I was able to muster up the courage but I thank you for the compliment.

ziddina, three times for repitition, I like it.

Think About It, your post is glorious, haha.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You did a great job, MrFreeze. Don't let them get to you, and stick to the facts.

Before that though they said "We should probably have a study with you." My response was "My opinion on this is not going to change, so there is no point."

If an elder ever offers to have a study with me I'm going to turn it around and offer to have a Bible study with him.

• Think About It
    Think About It

they said "We should probably have a study with you."

"There's no need for us to have a study. You can learn the truth abouth the truth just by going on the internet like I did."

P.S. You did handle it well, and with class & dignity.

Think About It

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I'm proud of you MrFreeze!

I wish I could think on my feet that fast!

I liked Think About It's suggestions:

Is it a girl? Yes, the fact that both Russell & Rutherford divorced their wives and had mistresses. Is it alcohol? Yes, Booze Rutherford was a mean spirited drunk and smuggled alcohol freely into Bethel during Prohibition. Is it drugs? Yes, after reading up on Russell & Rutherford you would have to be on crack to stay in this crazy religion.

ROFL

ESTEE

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Good Job Freeze. But pay no attention to JYD. Follow his advice and you end up like Danny Hazsard - a guy that could never move on in life and will likely grow into a bitter old man full of regret. JYD will never have an identity that's not related to being or having been a JW. That will be his enitre life. He rarely finds an opportunity to say more than two words to JWs because he represents the freak that every JW is warned they'll turn into if they leave the org. Thus, even they realize he's a waste of time. So instead he comes here on your thread so he can find others to criticize. As a JW he went around telling everybody what they believed was wrong and stupid. He obviously loved doing that becuase he still wants to come here and do that. It's evident that he has a "small-man" complex and needs to compensate for something.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

My former elders came by a few weeks ago. I decided to talk with them, just for giggles. I told them I don't believe this anymore and I will NEVER be back. I even told them I have shared my new beliefs with a few others, when these have asked me. They just got this dazed look in their eyes and didn't really know what to say.

Haven't heard from them again.

:-)

-MF31-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit