GLOBAL WARMING - "Snowfalls are a thing of the past"

by Nathan Natas 92 Replies latest jw friends

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

bohm,

The author said what he said, and he is being called on it.

That's what you don't like.

Either way, I really don't have a problem with Global Warming.

I have a problem with the term "MAN-MADE" Global Warming, which seems to have gone "out of sight, out of mind".

JDW

• bohm
    bohm

JD: no i dont have a problem with a guy being wrong. I can give you a dosen examples of scientists being wrong in all fields, any book on the history of science is stock FULL of such examples. I do, however, wonder how he became a false prophet, and i wish you would elaborate more on that since i dont think he fit the definition.

So what is a false prophet exactly?

• cofty
    cofty
    Are you trying to say that one effect of GLOBAL WARMING is more snow? HA ha ha ha ha ha!

Yes

• cofty
    cofty

double post

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is, in fact, global warming. In northeast Canada, there was hardly any snow. However, that means the weather in Europe was colder than average. Remember, we did have an exceptionally hot summer in Russia this past year.

But, there is global warming on Mars and Neptune. And the moons of Jupiter and Saturn are getting warmer. Anyone that can provide real proof that my carbon footprint is helping warm Mars and Neptune? I challenge all those manmade global warming proponents to prove that I am helping warm Mars and Neptune. Can Gore do it? Can president Osama Obama?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Clearly this article is proof that the theory of man made global warming is false and that the world-wide scientific community just makes stuff up just to fool the world into raising everyone's taxes!

I say we should put double the carbon into the air now just to make a point to those evil environmentalists!

Who's with me?!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Fact is, the weather on the planet has ALWAYS been changing. It is NEVER static. The sahara used to be grassland. Now, it's sand. Some scientists say that it changed 5000-6000 yrs ago. Ice used to cover almost all of canada. Guess, ancient canucks must have all use snowmobiles to get to the tim hortens' for donuts and coffee.

S

• bohm
    bohm

WTWizard: No, obviously your carbon footprint has little to do with neptun, so you dont need to ask Al Gore. (who, incidently, is not a climate scientist so i wonder why you find his input so valuable, i sure dont).

Instead i would recommend you brushed up your elementary newtonian mechanics. The thing is that the Neptune-year is about 160 earth-years. So its quite difficult to tell if the warming Neptune experience is due to global warming, or simply because it is experiencing summer.

But you did check that Neptune is not simply heating up because it is moving around the sun, right?

That would be awfully embarasing.

Meanwhile, if your point is that the output of the sun is going up, one could wonder why you choose a very indirect method of measuring it (namely looking at planets, some which are heating, some which are cooling -- another small fact your left out), when Nasa has send up plenty of satelites that measure exactly solar output with great accuracy.

But perhaps that arab in the white house got them TSA nazis to scew with the moon landings so Al Gore could shoot kennedy and hide teh evidence in the 911 plot with mosad so the feminist illuminaty pedophile army of whimps present incorrect data in order to turn you homosexual?

I mean that IS what its all about.

• bohm
    bohm

messed up formatting, sorry.

• besty
    besty

classic quote-mining from nathan natas - David Viner also said in the same article:

"Heavy snow will return occasionally, says Dr Viner, but when it does we will be unprepared. "We're really going to get caught out. Snow will probably cause chaos in 20 years time," he said."

This is exactly what has happened in Europe this winter. Why did you choose to omit this part of what he said?

Fair and balanced nathan? Should we let you report so we can decide?

Are you trying to say that one effect of GLOBAL WARMING is more snow? HA ha ha ha ha ha!

As cofty said - yes.

The same newspaper you quote-mined also explains why more extreme weather events of all types are consistent with climate change theory.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/biting-winters-driven-by-global-warming-scientists-2169007.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit