Would someone tell me please...

by ESTEE 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

My guess is God was invented as an explanation for things early man couldn't explain. "Well, we don't know how THAT could have possibly happened. Some powerful, invisible being must have done it."

• Botzwana
  • djeggnog
    djeggnog

@ESTEE:

What is the purpose of God?

One can only speculate as to Jehovah's purpose, but from a study of the Bible, we can glean that God purposed mankind to procreate, beautify the earth and be caretakers over the animals.

Under Kingdom rule, however, some of those now asleep in death becoming beneficiaries of the resurrection, where God's son, Jesus, who will be ruling as king and high priest along with 144,000 associate kings and priests, will gradually remove the effects of sin and death from the human family bring all mankind so that a righteous human society will emerge in fulfillment of God's mandate for the earth. Along with loving exercise of dominion over the animal kingdom, there will then be unselfish cultivation of the earth and its resources, so that the entire planet will be transformed into paradisaic beauty, also in fulfillment of the divine mandate.

@djeggnog

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

What is the purpose of God?

One can only speculate as to Jehovah's purpose, but from a study of the Bible, we can glean that God purposed mankind to procreate, beautify the earth and be caretakers over the animals.

I don't think you understood the question.

• moshe
    moshe
    so that the entire planet will be transformed into paradisaic beauty

Just don't put too much work into that garden, it's only a matter of time before it's toast- happened before- it will happen again.

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@MrsJones5:

I don't think you understood the question.

You could be right, and sometimes those to whom I might write will sense the misunderstanding and clarify what it was they are saying. I don't have any way of knowing whether the OP will do that or even post any further replies to this thread, but we'll see.

@djeggnog wrote:

Along with loving exercise of dominion over the animal kingdom, there will then be unselfish cultivation of the earth and its resources, so that the entire planet will be transformed into paradisaic beauty, also in fulfillment of the divine mandate.

@moshe wrote:

Just don't put too much work into that garden, it's only a matter of time before it's toast- happened before- it will happen again.

What "garden"? I've said nothing about a garden. True, I spoke of paradisaic beauty, but my home and many of the homes I've visited over the years are beautiful paradisaically so, even as some of the structures erected in many parts of the world, even right here in the US, like the Aquarium located in Long Beach, California. If it should turn out that I am mistaken in my view, so what? I've been wrong before, but my response to the OP's question was my opinion and that's all it was. You may not agree with my opinion, but go troll someone else since you are off-topic. @MrsJones5 believes I misunderstood the OP's question (and she could be right), but you're not responding to it at all!

@djeggnog

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"The Porpoise of God"..

http://animals.timduru.org/dirlist/dolphin/BottleNosedDolphin-porpoise1.jpg

..................... ...OUTLAW

• designs
    designs

Cosmic energy, very useful.

• moshe
    moshe
    I've been wrong before, but my response to the OP's question was my opinion and that's all it was.

Well excuuuse me, I thought this was just the WatchTower's opinion, but I can see now what a deep thinker you are.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

LostGeneration, you gonna eat all that popcorn by yourself??? 'cuz I brought some wine.

TheTrueOne wrote:

POWER. The gods should have died with the civilization that individually created them ...... some didn't...... unfortunately

hmmm... yeah, I see what you mean.

sooner7nc wrote:

According to my admittedly layman's understanding of the Bible, his/hers/its purpose is to be a pretentious dick.

hmmm... yeah, a pretentious dick. Do you suppose that is why it has so many worshippers?

transhuman wrote:

God's purpose is to drive people crazy wondering what God's purpose is. She is a cosmic practical joker. Merry Christmas!

She is indeed! Merry Christmas.

Mad Sweeny wrote:

My guess is God was invented as an explanation for things early man couldn't explain. "Well, we don't know how THAT could have possibly happened. Some powerful, invisible being must have done it."

Makes humans sound really dumb, doesn't it?

Botzwana wrote:

Purpose?

Sinister

djeggnog wrote:

Jehovah? Who was asking about Jehovah, a lower-vibrational entity with channeling ability, who used Pastor Russell to create a cult? --- and not even as strong as some Shamans? Not me.

Mrs Jones is right, the question was misunderstood.

As usual, I liked Outlaw’s answer: “The Porpoise of God”

I appreciate designs answer “Cosmic energy, very useful.”

moshe, I like the intelligence of your monkey. He is at least as smart as some religious people I know.

It is apparent to me that Jehovah's Witnesses have missed teaching their followers a very basic truth. Another good reason to leave the religion.

Best of the season!

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit