Don't post too often but need some support

by ~Jen~ 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Kudra
    Kudra

Hi Jen,

A lot of the folks here have written some very good advice- I am in the same situation and can commiserate... alone today and tomorrow. :( Soon-to-be-ex-husband off celebrating X-mas with his family, the only family I have ever celebrated x-mas with. I feel ya!

I think that it is good to get out and interact with some people! That is what I am going to try to do today. Go on a walk, go to the park, even if you are cold- I did it yesterday and it made me feel a whole lot better.

We are all rooting for you!

-Kudra

• clarity
    clarity

Jen hello,

So much good advice, and these people really know what they're talking about!

Just on the subject of MEN....when you are a single JW woman you have to wait around trying to find 'a needle in a haystack'...if you get my drift, a handful of men so few and far between you might as well forget it!

But now as regular Single Woman your world just got way bigger. A metamorphosis has occurred. You shed your cocoon and have become a beautiful butterfly ...free at last, to fly where you decide. Now you may decide to just stick to Christian men, but there's a lot of them! Good luck(love saying that for some reason!)

clarity

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Jen,

If you lived near us, you could come over for dinner on Christmas.

All of us here have some idea of what your going through.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Lonestar63 & Alwayshere... WELL!!! WELL!!!!!Boy is those remarks good for the old brod!!!
    Talk about a Christmas gift this is itOne each Thanks a trillion

See Jen that is why I am here cos these are the kids that havent cast me off
    like one of my own st ill a JW!!!!
    You are joining OUR family who show UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
    NOT CONDITIONAL>>>

• Quentin
    Quentin

Christmas, lonelyst day of the year. you can be surrounded by 20 people and still be alone. It's a matter of attitude. This year will mark the frist time we have not decorated, no tree, no lights, heh, heh no money. But, our church made sure the kids had gifts and the grandsons school made sure he had presents as well. They made out like bandits.

The kids leave tomorrow to spend a week with their dad and other grand-parents. We made sure today, Christmas Eve, was special for them. The daughter is making cookies now. Tomorrow, Christmas day, will be me, my wife and daughter. Nothing to do but eat left overs. Kind of reverse of your situation. As said above make Sunday a special day for your kids. Use tomorrow to make plans for that day and just rest up, you deserve it. Wish you the best and most of all love your kids. They need you after the mind numbing time spent at the kh.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Make Christmas special for yourself. Bake some cookies and eat them in your pajamas while watching Christmas movies on the television!

After Christmas, join some things. Help out at an animal shelter. Join a local theater group (even if you can't act, you can paint scenery). Take a fun course at the local community college like photography! Figure out what you like to do and do it with gusto! You are still young, you have a lot of life and happiness in store for you. Don't look back, just go forward!

I will be thinking of you...

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Why not use Cristmas day as a time to get ready to celebrate with your kids on Sunday? December 25th is only a day, dear heart Christmas is a season.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Band on the Run, donate a heifer. What a charming idea!

Here's another book you might enjoy, "The Story of the Other Wise Man" by Henry Van Dyke.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit