Who Was Your Favorite Speaker?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I remember the name Illingsworth but can't recall his speaking style. I think I must have been too young to appreciate him.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

In Mississippi, we had a handful of great speakers around the state.

Larry Scott was very motivating

Gene Edwards (Florida) was always great.

Ellwood Johnson was a hard hitter that had big appeal in Mississippi.

And I have a talk by Lee Waters (Bethelite) that would almost make anybody sign up for pioneering if they were committed to the cult.

-MF31-

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Min..:

We had a District Overseer, Paul Illingsworth, I loved his style. He delved into Bible words of the original Greek and Hebrew.

Paul was one of two instructors in my MTS (Ministerial Training School) class in the spring of 2002. (The other was Manera). I liked Paul Illingsworth a lot. Although 2002 and MTS was the beginning of the end for me, and it took another 5 years to leave the cult, I did enjoy his speaking and teaching style; although, as Blondie stated, even he could not make BS shine.

Somewhere I have a pic of him with reading Sports Illustrated, with his feet on the desk.

Snakes (Rich )

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Jules Purvis . He was from Peoria ,IL area and always gave talks at our Circuit and District assemblies .I think he was a photographer . Just liked the sound of his voice .

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Even the best speaker has a hard time making BS shine.....Blondie

................... ...OUTLAW

• smiddy
    smiddy

David Madzay

another guy who for the life of me , I cant recall his name had" gestures" like dusty springfield.

smiddy

• asilentone
    asilentone

Guiseppe Potenza, he is from Puerto Rico, He gives very good ASL talks! I only saw him give the talk only one time.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Cofty mentioned John Flack, he was a good speaker and well liked.

I remember he and his wife Jean stayed with us; you could smell the Chanel No. 5 for days after she left!

George

• cantleave
    cantleave

Bill Harris and Dave Elgar in the UK.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Eric Beveridge; he is one of the AWAKE writers, gives very good talks with a slide show.

He is a keen nature photographer.

Appreciating Our Inheritance:

http://www.jwbrothers.org/audio/511/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit