Another Bad Witness - Elder School on Christmas Day?

by LostGeneration 25 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Had a brief conversation with by JW father a few days ago, unfortunately still an uber witness and as a CBOE he has nothing else in his life.

He brought out that he was getting ready for the Elders school. Not sure if he was bragging or wanted sympathy for having to go. lol.

I didn't press him on the details, though I wanted to ask if they would be covering all 7 chapters in the new manual on how to DF people. I guess I'm not ready to reveal how much of an apostate I am to him, as I know he would shun me for all time if I gave it to him with both barrels.

But after thinking about him going to elders school on Christmas, it got me thinking how bad this religion shoots itself in the foot. No doubt the hotels are renting out conference rooms at rock bottom prices because nobody else in the whole wide world is going to rent conference rooms ON CHRISTMAS DAY.

So picture this Saturday morning, a few hundred Elders showing up at 9AM Christmas morning. How is this going to look to the hotel staff? How is this going to look to the people staying in the hotel that come down to eat breakfast? Hundreds of men leaving their wives, children, and grand children behind on Christmas to come together for an all-day study of cult rules and regulations?

How Christian.

Now I know why people always looked at me like a weirdo when I was in

So picture this Saturday morning, a few hundred Elders showing up at 9AM Christmas morning. How is this going to look to the hotel staff?

If I worked there and didn't know about JWs, the sight of all those men dressed like JWs would likely cause me to think that it was a homosexual christmas party.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

There's more than a few elders who are ticked off about this too.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

EVERY year, without fail, the local circuit has an assembly during Thanksgiving weekend. Imagine how bad it must suck to be in a assembly for two days of a holiday weekend.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

1440001- Ya lol...but the cheap suits probably give them away. A gay Christmas party would be the fashion event of the year.

Misery-Hope your not one of the lucky ones. The idea of it just smacks of both ignorance and arrogance, I just can't figure out which one it really is.

Good point, Lost. But the absence of any women in the crowd on Christmas day would definitely make me think they were gays; just freakish gays who lack the fashion sense common to most gays.

• undercover
    undercover

The one and only MS school I went to was on a xmas weekend. And I hated it. I lost an entire day of a three day weekend. I know I was supposed to be joyful but really I was just pissed that my weekend was fucked up.

LWT mentioned circuit assemblies on Thanksgiving weekend. We had circuit assemblies fall on the weekend right around xmas for a few years. No real big deal when xmas was mid-week, but when it was on Friday/Saturday/Sunday it just sucked. And the restaurants were all closed...no where to sneak off to for lunch.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "But the absence of any women in the crowd on Christmas day would definitely make me think they were gays; just freakish gays who lack the fashion sense common to most gays. ..."

HAAAAAAAWWWW!!!!

REPUBLICAN gays!!!!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

LWT and UC - I wasn't even thinking of it from the elder perspective, maybe because my Dad didnt seem too put off by it. He is retired though so I guess messing up the three day weekend doesn't matter as much to him. I can see how working elders though have to be pretty ticked off over it.

So I guess the arrogance of the WT pisses of the elders as saving money is more important than people's time. And the ignorance of the WT will come through as "worldly" people are put off seeing the upcoming cult fest.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I would think this would be bad luck for the hotel staff to have these Scrooges meeting there over Christmas. A lot people get into the spirit of Christmas and tip better at Christmastime. However these are not those people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit