Watchtower's new entrants get to hear the Governing Body share their qualifications

by Dogpatch 87 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

Good points Mr.Monroe! Yes, an invitation to bethel IS a direct communication from God! And the miricles in the bible? Nope! Multilangauge printing on high speed presses is much more of a miracle than the red sea or resurrections!

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

OOoooohhhhhh! This was exactly what I needed tonight!

Thanks!!! 3's1

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

It is just awful, isn't it? The air is thick with platitudes, that John Wayne dude with the big nose oozes insincerity and between the lot of them you realize, Oh it was THOSE guys making all the rules?? I wish I'd seen this video earlier!

Randy (or anyone else), are you able to identify all the GB speakers by appearance/voice? Lloyd Barry (or Lord Barry as we used to call him when I lived in NZ and he visited), the New Zealander I know; Barr, the Scotsman, I know. The rest I don't. Who's who?

• Hadit
    Hadit

Wow Randy! What a gold mine of information! Thank you so much for posting all this.

You have enough here for a documentary.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Hadit

• startingover
    startingover

Thanks for posting Randy. It's kind of sad seeing these men who I think are for the most part sincere wasting their lives on a delusion.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

at 6:10

love the comment: hurry up and stich the booklets, armageddon is comming...and its not here yet!

oz

• Gayle
    Gayle

What a setup!!!

What "old people" would not boast with the results of their lives,,if they have free servants that build their home with quality, cook their food, clean, repair, services of own doctors, nurses, dentists, chiropractors, quality furniture, landscape & maintain in impressive quality, servants that provide money that they live expense free. All servants loyal with no complaining, dedicated to them.

What "old" people would not 'welcome' such people (slaves)! The GB believe they deserve it and no wonder they believe it to be the best place in the world.

I am nauseous.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

When Swingle says the old ones make way for the younger ones he seems to be acknowledging the inevitability of the lifecycle that doesn't sit all that well with an ideology that ostensibly says you can live forever and Armageddon is coming any minute.

Also Sydlik at the end says they love the healthy ones and the ill ones alike and look after them, which is a bit sad in view of the recent mass sackings at bethels around the world.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

marked as a terribly important post for research. Thanks!

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

I remember watching this at the hall as a child. A bethel member was visiting and we watched it instead of a public talk. It was a big privledge. NOT.

We were dissapointed with the choice of movie we were promised. The moms all loved it. Mine especially was all wound up about being able to send her boys to bethel.

I liked most of the same parts as everyone else. When you watch it in hindsight it is easy to see they really were having problems keeping people there. They really stressed in the movie the importance of staying once you have been trained. at the 16:49 point they beg them to stay.

At 21:50 They say Jehovah rewards those who stay in their jobs. Which is sad if you've left for some reason. You would feel as though you were never going to be able to please god in any other way.

At 18:20 one mentions "die with your boots on, stay till the lord removes you." Well he did, you have to give him that.

I also was quite annoyed at how they always mention Leaning on Jehovah and throwing your concerns on him. The total disrespect for Jesus is so obvious to me now. He got one shout out at the end. Do they not know how to read? Have they never read the new testament.

Are they not professing to be in a special relationship with JESUS. Don't they think they are his bride? Yet he is not who they lean on.

He doesn't invite them Jehovah does???? Thats like disrespecting your husband and then hangin out with your father in-law. Weird!

Thanks Randy

tt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit