Watchtower's new entrants get to hear the Governing Body share their qualifications

by Dogpatch 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-FRdngNWVM

Here's a rare one you'll not find elsewhere, send it to your friends!

New Bethel Entrants Introduction to the Governing Body circa 1985. Two new Bethel boys at Watchtower headquarters somehow managed to videotape this introduction to the Brooklyn Bethel headquarters of the Governing Body off of the Bethel TV screen. It shows all the main players in the scandal and dismissal of Raymond Franz and several others that were disfellowshipped from the Watchtower headquarters in 1979-1980. Notice their REAL qualifications for leadership as God's only true organization out of their own mouths! At about the 4:30 minute point, Karl Klein says, "I've done a better job cleaning toilets than I did presiding at the Governing Body." I wholeheartedly agree. None of these men had any trained qualifications for leadership in a worldwide organization of millions.

Dogpatch

• baltar447
    baltar447

What an awesome find! Thanks. Fear inspiring, lol.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

These are the first members of the Watchtower's Governing Body taken in 1975 right before the death of Nathan H. Knorr, third president who opposed a "Governing Body."

Use the black and white picture below to identify them. These were taken by a private party and are not the property of the Watchtower.

GO HERE for related articles.

GO HERE for story of this picture.

private photos taken of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses in 1975

upper row, left to right: Daniel Sydlik (deceased April 19, 2006), Theodore Jaracz (deceased June 2010), Raymond Franz (resigned in 1980), Lyman Swingle (deceased), Lloyd Barry (died in 1999), Milton Henschel (deceased 5th president, top), William Jackson (deceased, bottom) Karl Klein (died Jan 2001), Grant Suiter (deceased), Albert Schroeder (deceased March 9, 2006), Leo Greenlees (forced resignation for homosexuality)

bottom row: Ewart Chitty (forced resignation for homosexuality), Frederick Franz (deceased, 4th president), Nathan Knorr (deceased, 3rd president), George Gangas (deceased), John Booth (deceased), Charles Fekel (deceased)

not shown: John Barr (deceased), Carey Barber (deceased), Martin Poetzinger (deceased), Gerrit Losch, Samuel Herd, Geoffrey Jackson, Steven Lett, Anthony Morris, Guy Pierce, David Splane

Related Articles:

All About The Watchtower Governing Body

Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses Grows Old

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society:The Critical Years 1975-1997

The Governing Body's Famous Sayings of the 80s

Watchtower Presidential Era Summaries

Fred Franz Discredited the Concept of a "Governing Body"

Photos of the Governing Body

Most Wanted Watchtower Leaders - For Crimes Against Humanity

The First Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses

Dogpatch

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Randy!

Thanks for posting this. Brings back many memories.

This was from the era when the "generation of 1914" was supposed to end before the year 2000 and Armageddon was due before then.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Excellent, thank you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Randy!..

AweSome find..

What a bunch of Stary Eyed NitWits..

Jehovah..Jehovah..Wait on Jehovah..

Sure things Suck at Bethel..Wait on Jehovah..

LOL!!..

Waiting on Jehovah..

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1098/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1098-1130A.jpg

...................... ...OUTLAW

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Wow - what a trip down memory lane. I think this was played in 93. I actually felt a bit of nostalgia watching it. BTW - it's hard to believe this is a cam copy - it looks pretty high quality to me. Sound is good. I'd guess this is a real copy from in house.

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

last line..."praise Jehovah as WE want you to praise him"

I believe 23:30 first mention of Christ

ouch! (i remember this...mid 90's)

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One thing that you'll note is not one of them stated that they were thankful they didn't have to do any undesirable grunt work in the factories.

They are privileged class of SOB to be sure.

I wonder why they didn't show the GB in their air conditioned offices with their shirt and ties on looking down at the grunts sweating there asses off

in the printing plant. I guess that would be exposing a little too much information.

This videos like all the other videos made by the WTS is nothing but pure marketing propaganda to encourage people to work

at their printing plants and other facilities. I like the way they state that working for the WTS is really just working for god though.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

It took me right back to Bethel in 1980, though they all look 5 years older or so and Knorr, Ray and Fred Franz, Chitty and Greenlees are missing, who were there when I was. A walk down memory lane! It's amazing - now all these are gone. Replaced with relatively powerless men compared to these guys.

Pay close attention to Klein about the 4:30 mark. :-))

Randy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit