So what DID happen to poster Hillary Step?

by james_woods 17 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

He said goodbye around the time the forum was going to close down but didn't.

• llbh
    llbh

I have been very fortunate to meet him person a couple of times, he is very, very smart, and has impeccable dress sense. He is one the most interesting people I have ever met.

I think he (like me) enjoyed his time here and moved on, as many do.

David

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Anyone know what's Alan been up to lately?

It's been a while since I spoke with him and then he told me he needed to move on. The tremendous amounts of time and money he invested in Watchtower research was hard on his marriage and he finally decided he had done enough and needed to spend more time with his wife and daughter. He was involved as an active opposer for years longer than me, and I've been at for what? About a million years, I guess.

His Watchtower library was huge (and I mean HUGE). He was able to get away with spending a fortune to build it because he promised his wife it was a good investment and he would sell to pay for little Julie's college education. He hadn't done that as of the last time we talked, but I know he keeps his word.

He's loyal, trustworthy and incredibly intelligent.

Farkel

• Scully
    Scully

minimus... I made you LOL? so you really aren't a crabby old fart after all??

• minimus
    minimus

You sounded so matronly. Now go to your room!

• whereami
    whereami

Thanks Farkel for the update on Alan F. I agree, Alan was a Huge asset to this forum.

I think he also used to have it out with the biggest JW appologist out there, Thirdwitness, over at the Topix forum a while back.

His debates on Science vs' Religion were also classic. Helped me tremendously.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Hillary is alive and well and focusing on his business (razor wit as sharp as ever). With no real JW ties among his family and friends anymore, it is just a bit of a non-issue for him now, I think.

Cog

• OnTheWayOut

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit