CO says 35% inactive

by target 24 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

The CO visiting a congregation in Madison Wisconsin told them that 35% are inactive.
    Kewl!!! Only 65%to go and they will all be out!

Nytelecom2:
    However after
    the loving sheparding provided by our elder body 3 returned to
    preaching the kingdom of God on a regular basis

Do you mean they met with "The Group" again, then began reporting their"Time"? How lovely...this really warms the heart!
    What if they didn't meet with the group nor turn in their time...but they still shared their faith with others? Would god still count them worthy? How would Jehovah answer this one?

• Bodhisattva
    Bodhisattva

Simon is correct they only count those who preach; specifically, they count them in the month previous to when they receive the report. The 35% who are irregular will most likely be jostled by the Congregation Secretary (or nowadays their Book Study Conductor, or whatever they are now called) until they submit a slip with a phantom hour or so for whatever months are missed. These hours - and more importantly, publishers - are counted for the monthly report that goes in after they arrive.

Now the reason this is important is that it makes a publisher appear twice or more in a given month. That is, the April peak may include Bro. Smith's time from February, March, and April, and count him as THREE PUBLISHERS! This was admitted a couple years ago during the CO visit at my old KH, I think during a regular meeting but possibly during a meeting with the Ministerial Servants and Elders. And if you know that the CO wants to see an April peak, when do you think the jostling will be the greatest?

So the Watchtower OWES its peaks to irregular publishers. But, because people are catching on to them, they are finally pushing publishers to report monthly, so that the peak months and the other months (along with the average) are not so vastly out of whack. Despite this, in recent years they have given more attention to these known faulty peaks even when everyone is starting to realize that only the averages even approach validity.

Bodhisattva

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

HI Nic, I was just about to post exactly what you said. Glad I read it. One additional comment is that when I was a dub, my husband, myself and my THREE children, ages 5, 5, and 7 all had publisher cards.

So based on that, the "six million" JWs are really not all publishers at all, unless you really believe small children are "publishers."

If only half of the 6 million are married and if every married couple has a child who is called a "publisher" then they really are just a tiny piece of shit sect! No wonder the government doesn't want to bother with them.

NYtele says three of the ten inactives became active again. That was probably a dad, a mom and thier three year old LOL. And they'll soon be inactive again anyways.

BTW, does anyone have any figures to calculate how many ex-witnesses there are?

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Gumby, in answer as to Jehovah's feelings on this point made by you to NYTele:

Do you mean they met with "The Group" again, then began reporting their"Time"? How lovely...this really warms the heart!
    What if they didn't meet with the group nor turn in their time...but they still shared their faith with others? Would god still count them worthy? How would Jehovah answer this one?
    Don't you know that since Simon Peter counted 153 fish, it was a anti-type for the JWs counting their time!!! Dummy, you need to study more! LOL

(This is what a dub recently told my mom.)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    That is, the April peak may include Bro. Smith's time from February, March, and April, and count him as THREE PUBLISHERS!

You're absolutely correct, Bodhisattva, and so is your observation that "the Watchtower OWES its peaks to irregular publishers". That's why it's so important to look at the average number of publishers and compare the average for one year with another. Then it's proper to say that there has been an increase (or most likely, a decrease).

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit