CO says 35% inactive

by target 24 Replies latest jw friends

• target
    target

The CO visiting a congregation in Madison Wisconsin told them that 35% are inactive. I wonder if this is the pattern with most other congregations. That was about what it was in the last congregation I was in. Meeting attendance was about 65% on Sundays and about 40% on Thursdays. That would all have a negative effect on contributions also. Could there be a problem there? Could something be wrong? LOL

Target

• Satanus
    Satanus

The wt has used the term rice christians. I guess there are a lot of rice jws. haw haw

SS

• gambler
    gambler

I belive it.Most jws are lukewarm anyway.In most congos there is a very small group of die hards and the rest are the 5 hour or below pubs or people only in for the social or family ties.Most never read any of the mags or books.The org would like the world to think that their members are most zelous in the world but that is a myth.

• anewperson
    anewperson

So if there's roughly 1,000,000 JWs in the U.S. then 350,000 are inactive. Now when the pedophilia coverup is aired on Dateline some of those will use it as a reason to quit the Watchtower Society altogether and others now active will become inactive. Wow. The end really is near, sooner than we thought! - At least of the easy money days for Brooklyn.

• TMS
    TMS

Target,

Are you sure he didn't say that 35% were irregular, not reporting one or more months of field service in the last six months? That would not be uncommon.

Inactivity means not reporting any field service time in six months. Over a third of the congregation? Unlikely.

TMS

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I'm with TMS in recommending caution with this.

The procedure is that "inactive publishers" (not reported for at least 6 months) are NOT INCLUDED in the number of publishers, so you couldn't state that 35% of the congregation are inactive.

It's much more likely that he said/or meant to say 35% are irregular. Even so, that's a very high figure, and with the meeting attendance figures quoted, it's nearly time for them to "shut up shop". Perhaps you'll see some boundary realignments in the area. That's the procedure adopted by the Australia Branch.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• OlderTom
    OlderTom

Yes that's right One complete congregation closed down and disappeared. That particular city is now without a congregation. Funny how it didn't get much, any! publicity by the Witchtower. When I suggested to the elders, trying to railroad me, that perhaps Jehovah withdrew his blessing, boy didn't I get some filthy looks but stone silence as usual.

Maybe the end is nigh after all.

And you will know the truth and the REAL truth will set you free.

OlderTom

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

O.T. You and I would be on that inactive list, wouldn't we?

Guess they could make up a new cong for that city out of all the inactive!! LOL

BTW was Jehovah's Spirit ever there?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

TMS is right.

Our congregation had a C.O visit a month ago. There was an audible gasp when he 'informed' us that "over 60% of the congregation were irregular in field service since [his] last visit."

A lot of dubs draw the conclusion that 'Jehovah's spirit isn't with the congregation'. It's the Achan principle, one guy in the cong' must be seriously displeasing Jehovah and that's why he's He's not with us right now!

Heaven forfend that 'irregularity' might actually be down to the individuals involved who aren't going out!! No - it must be the fault of people like Bro Nicolaou. He makes all the brothers feel uneasy. He used to be so strong in the Truth and now he doesn't go out at all. He goes around telling the brothers and sisters to check for themselves what they're learning.

What does he know?

http://www.do-not-call.org

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I wouldn't doubt it. My cong. was practiclly empty most the time.
    I would guess 50% inactice. They were still in debt the last time they went over the expenses and I was there to hear it. They owe Broklyn several Gs but I think part of that was for a little remodeling that was done. Paint, carpet, chairs. I imagin they are still in debt. I always thought that was kinda strange, borrowing money from them selves to pay back their debt to them selves. I wonder if there is any compound interest added on to that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit