Will jws be at your and your neighbor's doorstep this Saturday?

by blondie 21 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I would think that a portion of the non-jw population might be at church. I don't think there are any football games that day.

What would you say or recommend to your non-jw neighbors?

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Hopefully not. I don't want to speak to them at my door ever again. As a matter of fact, when I move this spring (2011-April) I am putting a "NO religious solicitor's" sign on my door.

Hope every one has a Merry Christmas!!

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

They always skip my door! I told my friends next door to just say your not interested as many times as it takes until they leave. And never take anything from them because they'll keep coming back.

• VIII
    VIII

I talked to my Mom yesterday and asked her what she was doing on Saturday? She sounded confused because she had just got done dissing Xmas. I had told her we were getting together with the DHs family, etc.

"Oh, you know how people are, they all get together, eat, drink and fight. Oh, and exchange those stupid gifts."

Umm, what day is that I asked?

"I have no idea" She said.

I asked if she were going out in FS Saturday.

"Yes, of course." She said.

I told her she better get ready for lots of angry, hung over Worldly people telling her to get lost.

I told her Xmas was Saturday.

"Oh!??, Well, I'll just get together with the people from the congregation and we'll hang out then." She said.

WTF? I told her to enjoy herself. Especially since she wasn't celebrating or anything. She missed the point of the hypocrisy of them getting together on Xmas.

I did send her a "Season's Greetings" card for the first time this year. I will wait for the fall out.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to have someone stop by on Saturday or another day this week trying to catch us in celebrating. We already had some former friends stop by a little over a week ago unannounced and after dark. We ignored the doorbell.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I think it will be raining pretty hard here so I don't expect any of them to be out door knocking. But if any of them do venture out I would recommend that my neighbors politely inform them that it is Christmas day and it really isn't polite for them to be out peddling their antichristmas message on Christmas day. If they brought up their false date message I would recommend that they point out that no one has more false dates than the Witnesses. I would also mention that non JWs have enjoyed 136 Christmases since 1874, the year the Watchtower orignally claimed was they year of Christ't return and 35 since their 1975 prediction. I would tell them to recommend to the JW that they might want to rethink their faith in the WTB&T Society. Enjoying Chirstmas is only one small example of what they are missing out on because of their faith in an organization that never seems to get anything right.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Ironically, we had a pair of Mormons just the other night. After dark, which surprised me. Mai acted like she could not understand them and sent them on their way.

We NEVER have seen JWs at the door in N. Dallas, except from the VietNamese congregation who are trying to cherry-pick VietNamese immigrants from their phone book names.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I normally would say, why the hell don't they just leave people alone on Christmas, but since it is on a Saturday there will be some who HAVE to get their hours in. Odds are remote on getting them at your door. I don't know any JW's where I live now, so would just say not interested and close the door. Most of them would probably just make calls or kill time after making the show of showing up. I agree with other posters, that it would be a good time for them to sneak around to try to catch faders celebrating Christmas.

Think About It

• steve2
    steve2

Happily for those of us here in New Zealand, the frequency of JW door-knocking has declined in recent years. We've been at our address for nearly six years and had perhaps two visits; on one of those visits, we weren't home so a brochure was left in the letter box. When I do see them out witnessing, they are few in number and consist mainly of older JWs. The absence of younger ones out preaching is striking, compared to "back in my day" during the early to mid 1970s, when the streets thronged with so many young and zealous witnesses, going over the territory several times a year.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I am on holiday during that weekend and a few days around it. So I don't expect any jw visiting my hotel room. Hence I am going to enjoy peace, quiet, and fun with my family during those days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit