The Star of Bethlehem

by sacolton 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• undercover
    undercover
    I wasn't going there, Undercover, being this is Christmas and all...

Festivus for the rest of us...

• undercover
    undercover
    The difference with Star Wars is that it was set in a galaxy a long, long time ago and the story was, by George Lucas' admission, a fictional story. The 'Jesus events' in the Gospels are tied to certain historical time frames and are claimed to be 'true accounts.'

I was being facetious, my point (albeit scatterbrained) being that the Jesus story is no more historically accurate than the Luke Skywalker story, no matter the claims of fiction or historical fact.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I was being facetious, my point (albeit scatterbrained) being that the Jesus story is no more historically accurate than the Luke Skywalker story, no matter the claims of fiction or historical fact.

Actually, as a HISTORICAL figure, Jesus is as well atested to, if not better, than most proven historical figures.

• undercover
    undercover
    as a HISTORICAL figure, Jesus is as well atested to, if not better, than most proven historical figures.

Yea, well, when they carve him along side Lincoln and Jefferson on Mount Rushmore or even alongside Crazy Horse on his monument, I'll give some thought to the idea of Jesus of Nazareth, bastard child of a supposed virgin (yea, right), date of birth unknown, whereabouts of his birth unknown, is a truly historical person, more attested to than the historical people mentioned previously...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Yea, well, when they carve him along side Lincoln and Jefferson on Mount Rushmore or even alongside Crazy Horse on his monument, I'll give some thought to the idea of Jesus of Nazareth, bastard child of a supposed virgin (yea, right), date of birth unknown, whereabouts of his birth unknown, is a truly historical person, more attested to than the historical people mentioned previously...

That's all it would take?

Dude, you're easy !
    LOL !

• undercover
    undercover
    That's all it would take? Dude, you're easy !

Yea, but you've gotta do the carving...

Call me when you're done...

• james_woods
    james_woods

BTW, did anyone else hear that Sonny said Cher once told him seriously that she thought Mt. Rushmore was a natural rock formation that just miraculously looked like the former presidents?

• undercover
    undercover
    did anyone else hear that Sonny said Cher once told him seriously that she thought Mt. Rushmore was a natural rock formation that just miraculously looked like the former presidents?

Can you prove that Sonny Bono was a real person?

Cher may have been a real person once upon a time, but I think she's more plastic than real these days...

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Can you prove that Sonny Bono was a real person?

The TREES told me. I have a special line of communication with them because my last name is Woods.

• jam
    jam

Why are so many of the Bible stories so mystifying. The greatest

man ever born and we are not sure of the date. A star stops in

mid-heaven over the home of Jesus and only the wisemen notice it.

And if I was Joseph everyone would have known, my wife had sex

with A angel, and he will be the Messiah, the Anointed One. I

would think his Jewish neighbors would have been happy over

the idea. Or maybe he told them and they suggest he should

easy up on the drugs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit