Begging for money at Bethel

by life is to short 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77
    He did not like woman, I soon found out. He was in his mid 40's never married and did not want sisters on his crew but Bethel told him he had to have us.
    life is to short

May be he [Overseer] was a Closet Gay. You never know.

Scott77

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "The anger in this religion is unreal. I just do not get all the anger so much anger..."

I can really identify with your comment, Life Is Too Short...

When I was 'in', I was FILLED with rage... My parents had bullied and beaten me into the religion from the time I was 5 years old, VERY much against my will...

So when I was finally beaten down - 'indocrinated' - sufficiently to be pushed - coerced - into baptism, I was a seething mass of fury!!! I absolutely HATED most of the JWs I saw and/or had to deal with; they were reminders of my slavery and part of the complicated mechanism keeping me locked into the cult.

Once I managed to get out, the anger dissipated to quite an extent. I still feel some anger over things that I missed out on, like a college education and a relatively normal life, a decent financial basis and lessons in being able to stand on my own feet - part of the Watchtower Society's covert manipulation of its members consists of 'infantilizing' the members, to a lesser or greater extent - crippling them so they CANNOT function properly - as ADULTS - in the REAL world....

I felt that abuse, KEENLY. That aspect of the abuse generated more anger in me, than anything else I had been forced to endure... I still see red when I think of the Watchtower Society's enforced infantilization of the Jehovah's Witnesses...

Zid

• Scott77
    Scott77

How about the Watchtower Farm? Seen from the outside, It looks like a 5-Star hotel. Certainly, the Watctower loves very beautful buildings at the expense of the comfort of those who work for it with free labor. Sigh. For additional discussion thread on the Watchtower Farm, you can check here at http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/meetups/173998/1/The-Watchtower-Farms-A-Five-Star-Hotel

Scott77

• agonus
    agonus

I don't know about out and out "anger" so much as just plain unhappiness. That's what is so frustrating about the WT organization. Many of the average dubs I've known are very nice and at least seem to be very happy and content people. But there are so many higher-ups who seem to be just absolutely dead miserable, as if they take absolutely no joy in what they're doing for their god. Do they ever stop to think for a minute the kind of image this projects of Jehovah? It certainly doesn't jibe in my mind with the image of "The Happy God".

• designs
    designs

agonus-

It is a complex issue involving the basic theology, their view of humans, and the agenda to keep the organization going at all costs to the membership.

The high turnover rate causes the upper managers to be angry at the R&F as they called us because they can't stop the exodus, and the exodus is caused by the poor managers and bad decision making which they can't take responsiblity for because they like many religious people believe that they are uniquely called by God to do this really bad and awful stuff.

What a pickle!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit