Begging for money at Bethel

by life is to short 64 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah!!! OUTLAW!!!!! - funny cartoon, but....

HUH?????

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Humour Zid.......Humour..

......................... ...OUTLAW

• Mary
    Mary
    $180 a couple. OK I know we had a free place to live but we still had to pay for car gas to the hall our car insurance, air conditioning, shampoo, clothes, etc.

So let me get this straight: A multi-billion dollar company---oh sorry, I meant 'religion' suckers people into working 8 or 9 hours a day with absolutely no pay or benefits, yet you still have to pay for a car, gas and insurance on $180/month? And WTH.....they don't even provide you with shampoo??

Gee....do the Governing Body members struggle like that? Who pays for their cars and gas and insurance? Ten bucks says they've never bought a bottle of shampoo in their lives. Not that most of them need it.....bald-headed bastards.

That just sickens me......

• therevealer
    therevealer

Yes outlaw. You think on a deeper level as do I. Ha, ha. I was definitely being facetious and specious as well as any other ecious's.

But regarding what Zaddina said: Soooo, what would he have if he'd NEVER left Bethel???

What if . . . . flipper had sucked it up, gone for every promotion/appointment, lied and said that he was annointed, been invited to the governing body . . . Okay that would be a bit of a stretch.

But what if??!!

• therevealer
    therevealer

Ya, your right, still wouldn't want it.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "... do the Governing Body members struggle like that? .... Ten bucks says they've never bought a bottle of shampoo in their lives. Not that most of them need it.....bald-headed bastards. ..."

HAWWWW!!!!

Good comments, Mary!!!

Leave it to this lady to get the thread back on track!!!

• therevealer
    therevealer

But Mary - care to tell us how you really feel. taking no chances and adding a Ha,ha.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Great thread. I visited Bethel in Peterson and the Bethel Farm somewhere I think at Wallkill, some name like that in New York State around 2004. I saw first hand how small were there rooms. Some lived as two whiles others as singles. The great thing was the food time where about a thousand people sit down and the scene was impressive to see. Anyway, it reminded me about a college campus environment except that ,those were adults in a religious institution. I liked the flowers, the little pool around. Sad to say, the current stories of real bethelites cannot be fully grasped with such a little visit of a few hours. Almost everyone is smiling. People looks so happy. I think, that is very puzzling.

Scott77

• life is to short
    life is to short

Scott77 At Bethel I was happy, way more happy then when I was pioneering. I bought into the lie that I was doing Jehovah's work. Also when I was really down I tried really hard not to show it. My first month at Bethel all I did was cry my eyes out, but I cried in the shower and never in front of anyone. My husband did not want to hear it, I had no one to talk to about it.

My overseer made my life HELL the first day I met him. The first thing he did was yell at me. See I was supposed to meet him in his office but his office was hidden behind a storage sight. It was impossible to find, I had never been in the 50 building before, it was my first day at Bethel. We were part of about 10 temp couples. We met in the morning at 124 then went to lunch and then to work. I spent about an hour walking around and around and around the 50 building asking and finally begging someone to help me find my overseer. Instead of having me meet in the construction office which I passed about 20 times looking for my overseers office, no one offered to take me to his office. Finally I was standing in a panic in front of the tool crib having the brother who worked there trying to explain how to find his office he walked by. HE WAS BEYOND PISSED at me. He had never met me before, nothing I said hi I am sister LITS and he just yelled WHERE WERE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was like nice to meet you to. That was how he was toward me most the time after that. He did not like woman, I soon found out. He was in his mid 40's never married and did not want sisters on his crew but Bethel told him he had to have us. Lucy me. I was his first one. The next sister who came on the crew he lived and the third one he had a huge crush on even though she was married. I was the lucky one he hated.

Outside of my overseer I really did like Bethel. At least I was not ridding around in a car with a bunch of people who totally hated my guts, at least with my overseer I would get away from his hate at times during the day. In a car group in the country you are locked into it.

The anger in this religion is unreal. I just do not get all the anger so much anger.

LITS

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

When I was at Bethel (April '95 - October '97) First year at patterson and then Wallkill, we worked all the time. Hardly made any meetings and we were always behind. When I was traded to Wallkill and lost in the system for 6 months I was told that we were 1 year behind. Did I mention it rained all the time and when you work outside that is a bitch.

I had three near miss accidents on the job whereby I could have been injured very badly or even dead.

Looking back.....a complete waste of time, except for the parties and drinking. The only thing that would have made it better was sex.

Ah, my wasted youth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit