I am a bit poetic and sentimental tonight and could use some support

by recovering 42 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear recovering:

It's so good to hear that note of will-to-live in your voice.

Prior to the night we met I had determined that my return to the KH should preclude my ever posting again on JWN. I'm glad I came on last night only to lurk and saw MrFreeze's and your thread, recovering. Please stay on board. As others' words of love and encouragement bolster you, your growing resolve will, in turn, arm us against caving in to our own emotional and physical weaknesses.

God bless and love you,

CoCo

• recovering
    recovering

Perhaps a higher power had something to do with you returning last night my friend. My resolve is strong and i grow more determined by the minute. Even if it is a long shot I have to set an example for my children on how to deal with adversity. I know I will eventually sucumb, I have no illusions, but I shall never allow them to see me surrender. The one thing I hope for Is that my son sees through the haze of witness rhetoric, and at least has a heart to heart talk with me ,while I am still strong enough to present honest facts to him.

Yes folks I finally posted a picture of myself, the tall handsome chap is my son

• compound complex
    compound complex

Beautiful ...

• Curtains
    Curtains

you are a wonderful father recovering - wise and loving. Your wisdom will also endure forever

• Podobear
    Podobear

Recovering!!! Two strong arms here. Take my hand as we walk this valley of darkness together.

I am about to make a call to my Mother's doctor to see if we can transport her the 150 miles with Oxygen in the car to get her here for her last Christmas. It is a late diagnosis of Pancreatic cancer, which has spread to the kidneys, liver and lungs.

If you need to talk......

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Recovering

Our mortality is something we all need to consider as we get older. Sometimes it is forced on us a little sooner than we would prefer.

You have an opportunity to show your family that a person can choose to die with dignity, strength and love. Use the strength to fight as long as you can. Make sure your days are lived with as much dignity as possible. And surround yourself with love: share it with those you love and allow them to express it to you.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Recovering... I am so sorry to hear of this. Thank you for posting your picture. Both you and your son are handsome. And you are too young to have this happen. I hope some breakthroughs with this type of cancer come soon.

Hugs to both you and Podobear.

• recovering
    recovering

Grim reaper we shall battle to the bitter end

My resolve will not break though it might bend

Remember me oh ferryman of the river Styx

I have faced you before and your bag of tricks

You shall find me more than a worthy foe

My defiant nature I guarantee I’ll show

On eagles wings my spirit shall continue to soar

Though my journey takes me to a distant shore

• recovering
    recovering

My biopsy just came back I am happy to relate that the type of cancer I have is a neuroendocrine tumor and not an adenocarcinoma. If I have to have cancer of the pancreas then this is the best news possible. An adenocarcinoma patient's survival rate is less than 5% over 5 years. This contrasts sharply with the survival rate of a neuroendocrine patients survival rate which is closer to 50 % over 5 years. It was explained to me that this was because the neuroendocrine type of cancer is a much slower and more localized type of cancer. This makes it much easier to surgically remov,e due to it being less likely to invade sourounding tissue. I continue to fight. I am a very lucky man less than 2% of pancreatic cancers are this type of cancer. i know that I may be grasping at any bit of hope I can. Please indulge me it is all I have .

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Grasp at all the straws handed out to you and look for a few others too. A positive outlook will help you, give you strnegth and actually increase your body's ability to fight.

Yur news was great so have a very happy Christmas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit