I am a bit poetic and sentimental tonight and could use some support

by recovering 42 Replies latest jw friends

• recovering
    recovering

thank you my friend it's seems you make be walking a similar mile

• recovering
    recovering

For my son, Though we are miles apart I shall always love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vapW0wwO99k&feature=player_embedded#!

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((Recovering))))))).

Syl

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Hugs, well-wishes, and another poem for you, Recovering:

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

~William Ernest Henley

• recovering
    recovering

Thank you all for your kind sentiments and support. I do not know what I would do with out this forum to vent. I love you all.

• recovering
    recovering

Sorry for my sentimental postings. Please indulge me as I come to terms with my future and contemplate how I will reach my son who i am estranged with due to our beliefs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3905ufEkro

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I think one of the problems for xjw's is that somehow the organization convinced us that it was possible to escape death and we felt like we had been on death row and got a last minute pardon.

The truth is we will all die and everything that is currently alive on this planet will. thats it and our immediate reaction is "that doesn't please me" so what do we do about it "I don't know"

We do have to remember that something is going on here that we don't understand so I wouldn't be so quick to think its a total end or that we won't see people we care about again just for whatever look up near death experience it's interesting. enjoy the time you have listen to happy songs not "seasons in the sun" that song is too much

• recovering
    recovering

I know better than anyone the finality of death my friend and of my current situation. I stopped believing in fairy tails long ago. You see I am a medical proffesional. I know my chance of survival is abysimal. I need to fix what can be fixed and accept what I can not. I am just trying to get everything in perspective. We all grieve in our own way. This is mine . By grieving here i hope to spare my family some pain till after the holidays

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear recovering:

I was away for a month due to my "dying" need to reconnect with beloved JWs, including offspring. The estrangement seemed irrevocable, but a door opened [one I vowed never again to enter] and I walked through to a warm rekindling of past affection. I am paying a price yet my family has sacrificed for me so now this is my reciprocity.

I am just trying to get everything in perspective. We all grieve in our own way. This is mine .

My sentiments exactly.

Love,

CoCo

• recovering
    recovering

I feel a little stronger emotionally today. I decided to fight this insideous disease even if the 5 yr survival rate is only 5 %. I owe this to my family. I am aware this is not an easy road I have chosen, but I am strong. I know that I can carry on. Thank you so much everyone especially CoCo. Though we have never met, my friends, I feel a certain kinship with you all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit