Could you ever go back?

by MrFreeze 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

I'm still in but the day I'll walk out, it'll be game over.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono

nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono

and as an after thought erm ........................NO

• badcompany
    badcompany

I went back in the '80's (reinstated). I didn't know then what I know now. I could never go back.

CoCo: You can comment with a beard??? That is shocking. I attended every meeting for about a year before they reinstated me. They told me they couldn't reinstate until I cut it. Never did and they finally relented.

• sd-7
    sd-7

[In Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice] Forgiving the expression, MrFreeze, I'm afraid my current circumstances leave me COLD to all desire to return. No doubt, I would get a ICY reception, the COLD shoulder, as it were. I would explain to everyone the need to CHILL out! Some have let their love for Jehovah grow COLD, as is common in this FRIGID system of things. Thankfully, returning to the 'truth' would be like a refreshing, ICE COLD drink of ICE water on a summer day.

Tell me, are you COOL with that? Ha ha, ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

-sd-7

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Having never been in, the question doesn't really apply to me, BUT my Mom has asked under what circumstances I COULD be a JW.

I said that the following would need to Happen:

Removal of no blood doctrine.

Removal of disfellowship doctrine

Removal of the F&D slave doctrine

Removal of the "organization" doctrine though they can keep the GB, especially from the Baptisimal rites.

Door-to-door to be viewed as just another mode of preaching, no more or no less than any other.

Removal of Jesus was'is the archangel Michael doctrine.

Allowing ALL to practicipate in the Lord's supper and recognition that Judas partook of it.

Allowing for celebration of special days to be of personal conscience.

• compound complex
    compound complex

badcompany:

CoCo: You can comment with a beard??? That is shocking.

Perhaps it depends on a number of variables. When I was attending regularly years ago [beardless] the WT conductor adamantly refused to call on me for any meeting part, including bookstudy. Though I attend only occasionally now to keep tabs on loved ones - kith and kin - I just had to comment at a recent lesson. The conductor is new to the congregation and doesn't know me personally, but the congregation has known me over three decades and are tight with me. They seem to like my designer look!

Sorry, though, for your past grief. It is not easy being there at the Hall - checking the brain in at the door, so they say?!?!?!?

All the best,

CoCo

• agonus
    agonus

Would'a should'a could'a...

Would? Sure, for my loved ones.

But that's the problem. You do it for your loved ones, in the long run it ain't gonna work. You know it and they know it.

Could? I don't see how it's possible given the above.

Should?

Well, what do you think?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Could you ever go back?

They would have to ReDecorate..

http://thepulsemag.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/barWEB.jpg

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Ding
    Ding

The platform seems mighty long and narrow in that KH, Outlaw!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Haha Outlaw. I love it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit