my JW brother's reply on facebook? what should I say next

by Found Sheep 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I didn't write it for my brother to be honest didn't think he ever read my posts... His reasoning is so flawed! wondering what everyone else thought of it on my facebook. There is only one other JW and him on my facebook. I deleted them all yesterday before this post because I was shunned by someone that was on it... I was dissapointed reading his post seeing how IN he is. So far no response to my question "does truth change" I don't think he will

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

My cousin - non JW just wrote-

" Truth cannot change. That is what make it valid and timeless. God's truth stands forever. Thank God for that!"

It's funny how obvious it is to everyone else

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Well...what are you trying to achieve by engaging with him? I tend to think that would influence what you should say next.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    His reasoning is so flawed!

Have you read Hassan's first book? If not, please do so. You'll then understand (almost) exactly what's going through your brother's head. It has very little to do with reason.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Read Hassan's book. I just love my brother and anything I can do to put even the smallest dout in his head is all I want to do.

• Scully
    Scully

Beliefs can change, but truth can't.

I can't say that I believe I'm the Queen of England, unless I provide some evidence. I'd need a specific pedigree, and my likeness would have to appear on currency used in the Commonwealth. Failing that, I'd find myself in a rubber room on the psych ward.

In biblical times, people believed that seizures were caused by demon possession rather than a medical condition known as epilepsy.

Before van Leeuwenhoek observed bacteria under the microscope, people believed that diseases generated spontaneously.

Galileo provided evidence that the earth moved around the sun (heliocentrism), rather than the sun orbiting the earth. It wasn't until 1992, more than 300 years after the Catholic Church had him imprisoned under the Inquisition for this "crime", that Pope John Paul II expressed "regret" for the way the Church had handled Galileo.

Evidence is what separates mere "belief" from truth or fact.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

and how to prove a JW that his truth is just a false belief?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    and how to prove a JW that his truth is just a false belief?

Currently, your brother sincerely believes that he cannot trust his "heart" or intellect. Fear has him incapable of making decisions for himself. Your goal is to empower him to think for himself. Love and patience are the key.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I have the same problem with my brother. I've many times asked him if truth can change and still be true. Goes nowhere. Old truths and new truths or changes subject. It's just too frustrating for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit