I am new,,just need to ask? Overcharging at Special One Day Assembly

by dreamgolfer 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JeffT
    JeffT

I just looked at some old spreadsheets, I don't have any for commercial buildings anymore, but the largest apartment building I still have in my records (200+ units) insurance was $27,000 a YEAR. A commercial building the size of an assembly hall is going to be less. Utilities on this same building (which includes tenant water) ran $90,000 a year which includes 46K for garbage.

For an assembly hall, insurance, utilities and supplies might run a grand or two for the weekend.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

I did some digging and found the cost we JW's get "Public" place for is $2,650.

Let's be careful with that. There is no flat rate nationwide for these events. That might be one particular venue's charge, but it's not an industry standard. In fact, one of the big scandals in my area in the past few years has been that many public high school graduations are now being held in mega-churches because school districts can't find large public facilities for under $5,000, and that's for a type of event that usually only runs a couple hours.

So a flat rate doesn't exist, and figuring out an average charge would require someone FOI-ing the contracts on every single public facility rental by JWs for these events. Since I doubt anyone has done that legwork, let's assume that $2,650 figure is invalid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit