Childbirth

by sleepingbeauty 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

Im not a prude, but I just dont like it when the WBTS disgusses the facts of life such as childbirth within their articles - (Artists impression of a pregnant woman included) It means that all children regardless of age get to understand things they ought not know as yet... Am I on my own with this... ??

Awake January 2011 page 16... (Ive not worked out how to make this a clickable link, so if it dont work put this into your browser to go to PDF article)

http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QrYQCsVrGZNT

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Sleepingbeauty,

I've never hidden anything from my two when they were small (for fear of misinformation from other kids, if nothing else).

Yet I do feel offended when the WT puts its smutty fingers on this quite personal subject. And all to sell the "intelligent design" rubbish.

Childbirth is a dangerous and agonising process and it is made much more dangerous by forbidding blood transfusions when needed. If God deliberately designed it that way, then that's not a god of love. (Yes, childbirth is wonderful too! )

When anaesthesia was first trialled, religious fundamentalists tried to forbid its use in childbirth quoting "in sorrow will you bring forth. . ." Fortunately the Watchtower came along a bit too late for this "light"; I cannot help wondering if it would have seemed right to the GB.

Retro

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

thinking of going off the pill... not going to tell my hubby... i'm 35 is that so bad? i don't think I'll get pregnant

• Heaven
    Heaven

thinking of going off the pill... not going to tell my hubby... i'm 35 is that so bad?

Yes. It's disceitful. Get your tubes tied first.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I think the pregnancy stuff is just fine.

I don't like it when they start talking about anal sex, felatio and cunillingus.

I think that is extremely inapropriate in a family setting.

The first time I heard those words was at an assembly when I was about 8 years old. Such a strange hush went over the crowd that I knew they were talking about something very important and so I listened carefully. I even took notes so that I could look those words up when I got home.

Really, the GB has no common sense whatsoever. They ridicule other churches for having "sunday schools" that are age appropriate for their kids. The GB actually think that exposing kids to genocide, beheadings, being mauled to death by a bear, infanticide, detailed sexual activities, denigration of women, stories about how maybe god will tell your dad to "sacrifice" you, detailed instructions promoting slavery, and the mass destruction of the bulk of humanity is a good thing.

So yeah, pregnancy and birth are non issues with me and I have no problems with my kids being exposed to it.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

tubes tied no that is not that healthy

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Found sheep, please explain your statement?

Tubal ligation is one of the healthiest things a woman can do for herself. Child bearing is far more dangerous, even the side effects of some forms of birth control are more dangerous then a tubal.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

not going to tell my hubby

Why aren't you gonna tell your husband?

I had my last child at 38 and I just didn't want to have anymore plus my last pregnancy was much harder than the first three, my blood pressure was dangerously elevated and I had terrible headaches everyday during my last trimester. I had to be induced because it wasn't good for me or the baby. About a month before I had my baby I talked to my doctor about getting my tubes tied. She said that she could schedule the procedure for 6 weeks after I gave birth, which I did. I told my husband about my plans and he was taken aback. He wanted to have another child. But I said I just can't do this again and you don't get the deciding vote. Even though he was paying the medical bills it's still my body and my choice.

Talk to your husband.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Found sheep, please explain your statement?

Yes, please explain.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

explain? im 35 my man is 50 we had this coversation 100 times but came to if it happens thats great if not that is ok 2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit