Let's study the Organization and dress up like Rutherford!

by Rank&FileGuy 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Do Jehovah's Witnesses worship the organisation? I think it's getting close to it.

The Governing Body, in this Watchtower article, are trying to move Witnesses:

• to better appreciate the elders, Circuit Overseers and Governing Body
    • to be motivated to support the elders, Circuit Overseers, Governing Body, the meetings, assemblies and conventions (aka “theocratic arrangements”)
    • to trust (aka obey without question) the elders and Governing Body even more than they currently do. This is important, as the Governing Body instruct the Witnesses to sacrifice their children on the altar of “alternative non-blood medical management”

Some quotes:

Is that how you feel about God’s organization today? Does it bring more joy to you than anything else? (page 17)

[on studying the history of the Watch Tower Society] That will bolster the faith of your children in case they face challenges to their integrity (page 17)

How can you help your children to see the wonders of Jehovah’s organization with their “own eyes”? (page 19)

When you and your family see the hard work of Bethelites, relief workers, missionaries, and brothers who prepare and organize conventions, appreciation for the worldwide brotherhood will surely grow in your heart. (page 20)

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Does anyone know where the thread of a few months back is that had the expose of the fact that the Advertise speech was about 1874 being the date of the kingdom to be advertisec? I can't remember when that was. Thanks. I'm working on a video. Need it.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Macmillan wrote about it in his book.

Thus we see that those of the temple class are clearly designated as the Lord's witnesses at this time, to bring a message of consolation to the people, that the Kingdom of heaven is here, and that millions now living will never die. Thus it is seen that God purposes that his name shall be magnified, that the people shall know that he is Lord. Thus we see that God purposes to have a people in the earth in this time of stress, clearly marked as separate and distinct from all others, standing as his witnesses, fearlessly crying out the message: "The kingdom of heaven is at hand!" . . .
    For six thousand years God has been preparing for this kingdom. For nineteen hundred years he has been gathering out the kingdom class from amongst men. Since 1874 the King of glory has been present; and during that time he has conducted a harvest and has gathered unto himself the temple class. Since 1914 the King of glory has taken his power and reigns. He has cleansed the lips of the temple class and sends them forth with the message. The importance of the message of the kingdom cannot be overstated. It is the message of all messages. It is the message of the hour. It is incumbent upon those who are the Lord's to declare it. The kingdom of heaven is at hand; the King reigns; Satan's empire is falling; millions now living will never die.... The world must know that Jehovah is God and that Jesus Christ is King of kings and Lord of lords. This is the day of all days. Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom!
    Suddenly, as these words filled the auditorium, a platform length banner was unfurled that echoed the stirring phrase: "Advertise the King and Kingdom."
    A mighty shout went up from the assembly. Here was our answer.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I think I'm ready. How do I look?

Judge Juan Viejo Rutherford

• cantleave
    cantleave

I love the way itsacult created a W from two "V"'s

• yknot
    yknot

oooohhhhhhhh...... ooohhhhhhh............TOGA PARTY on Oct 31!!!

Reenactments of the Rutherford trial......with a reading of the 1917 edition 'The Finished Mystery'

Millions Party where men get the option of dressing as the 'ancient worthies'

....maybe Minstryideaz will start selling Berta Peale lingerie!!!....

• Ding
    Ding

I'm surprised that they don't have a drawing of Jesus reading the latest Watchtower with the caption:

"How grateful Jesus must be that he picked the WTBTS to be the FDS organization!"

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder if they will study how the end was going to come in 1925 and Abraham, David, Moses, etc., would be resurrected as perfect humans to rule the earth from Jerusalem?

• pirata
    pirata
    Does anyone know where the thread of a few months back is that had the expose of the fact that the Advertise speech was about 1874 being the date of the kingdom to be advertisec? I can't remember when that was. Thanks. I'm working on a video. Need it.

Check out the Nov 1, 1922 Watchtower (reprints) pg. 337. Has the full speech (and many others) form that Convention.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Let's study the Organization and dress up like Rutherford..."

He wore spats, right?? Didn't he wear spats???

I can just see me now, wearing spats and smokin' a big old stogie...

What the hell - I'm in!!!

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit