Let's study the Organization and dress up like Rutherford!

by Rank&FileGuy 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rank&FileGuy
    Rank&FileGuy

Study the Bible on Family Worship Night? Nah! Let's study the Organization and dress up like Rutherford! Is it just me or is the Watchtower getting more and more overt about glorifying the Governing Body and Organization then ever before? Illustration is in latest WT (Study Edition) March 15, 2011 p.18.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Umm...wow! And that's not photoshopped? That's so weird. OTH, I think it'd be great if they all learned the history of their religion. But how are they to really study that if they don't have access to publications before 1950?

• pirata
    pirata

1) Read the "Advertise" speech in it's full in the old Watchtower PDF. Find out that Christ returned in 1874.

2) Read about the release of the book "Children" in the few months before Armageddon.

3) Read how the Governing Body makes Decisions in "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz.

• pirata
    pirata
    But how are they to really study that if they don't have access to publications before 1950?

Read the official, sanitized history in the current publications...

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

If they really wanted their followers to have some fun they should come up with a game "Who Wants to Join a Cult?!"

Then they could make all the players face different worldy attacks and they would have to answer them correctly to move on.

They would go to their "earthly grave without hope of resurrection" if they failed.

They would move onto baptism once they had gained enough points. - So on and so forth ;)

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

^^ I'm scared to click that!

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Lol@I<3MYGod

That sounds way more fun than that other board game, the one with the tree. Can't even remember what it was about. I think we played it once and decided to stick with Cranium for slumber parties, lol!

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

@pirata

Ever read the reviews on amazon of the proclaimers book? Hahaha!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Let's study the Organization and dress up like Rutherford

There aren't enough drugs in the world to make me want to do that.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I think the new GB is trying to bring more glory and attention to themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit