Blood Sausage; Blood Pudding. Ever try them?

by Open mind 21 Replies latest jw friends

• scary21
    scary21

My husband grew up near a Scottish bakery,ate black pudding and liked it. ( this was in detroit) Years later he drove over to the old

neighborhood to pick up some meat pies (yummy! ) Came home with some black pudding too.I had know idea what it was . As I was

frying it up I could tell something wasn't right. It looked weird, so I said " does this have BLOOD in it? yuck!!!!but he liked it. I told him

he can cook it his self if he ever gets it again..... Thats the last I ever saw of black pudding.....He still get's the meat pies.. LOL

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

There is nothing rational about food grossnesses (did I coin a word?). If the gullet gags, it gags.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Hey, I grew up with blood sausage ,my parents weren`t jw`s and as a kid I really liked it.When I became a jw I haven`t tasted it since, even though I`ve been out since 1993

smiddy

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Before being a dub, we use to eat fried blood sausage and it wasn't all that bad. I haven't had it in over 20 years so I don't know if I would have liked it now. But I do like headcheese, and well made tripe soup, and chicken hearts sauce. Old European recipes but hey, those were the rare occasions back at home while growing up and they didn't taste that bad.

• teel
    teel

Before the JWs made me lose my rationality I used to eat blood sausages regularly, it is a common meal in this part of the world. Now after 12 years my new fiance offered me some just a couple of weeks ago. At first I had a slight feeling of the ick factor you're talking about. Then I thought to myself I really liked it as a kid, so I just dug in. It had the same great taste that I remembered. I recommend it, if you can get past the psychological barrier.

• Newborn
    Newborn

no, not a big fan of blood in food

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

After ripping my blood card apart and entering the lottery, eating something with blood in it is next on the list. Will do it ASAP!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Can't bring myself to eat it, not for conscientious reasons, just don't fancy eating cooked coagulated pigs blood.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

In Romania, smoked blood sausage is a Christmas food. I ate it and it's good. I don't know how healthy it is, though... Here pigs are sacrificed in the old traditional way, immobilizing them with ropes and piercing the heart with a long knife. No carbon dioxide, no electric shock, nothing. This is extremely stressful for the sacrificed animal, and guess where will the stress hormones be? In the blood. Hormones have strong molecules, they can resist boiling and even digestion, so they are able to pass from our stomach right into the blood stream, unharmed or denaturated into even more dangerous hormone variations.

• teel
    teel

[offtopic]Hey DagothUr, greetings from a fellow romanian [/offtopic]

Ontopic, a typical ex-JW:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit