I've made the eye laser operation and I can highly recommend it!

by Newborn 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

Now I'm free of glasses and lenses what a miracle!!

(I've had bad sight since I was 12)

The operation went so quick and didn't hurt at all just a bit sore after. It's a big cost but I've been saving.

• alanv
    alanv

Welldone Newborn. I think it takes some guts to have that done just because there is always a small chance it could go wrong. I have worn glasses for 30 odd years and I don't think I have the courage, but certainly it should encourage others to have it done when they here about successful cases like yours.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Thx alanv. I definately think you could do it!!

They were a very professional team and I felt safe. They explained everything in detail and they'd done it themselves. There are very little risks and you can't become blind.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Which technique did they use?

• Newborn
    Newborn

FS-Lasik

• cantleave
    cantleave

I did it back back in June. But I will need a top-up as I am not at 20:20.

I had the wave-front treatment as well.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I did it a few years ago and my wife did it just last month :)

Highly recommend it also.

• whereami
    whereami

I've been thinking of doing this for awhile now.

Are the results permanent?

Do you need to go back for a "tune-up" or something like that?

Would you mind mentioning price ranges?

Thanks.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Glad you now have "eyes to see," dear Newborn (peace to you!) - LOLOLOL!

I did it 6 years ago. One of THE best things I've ever had done to my body and would do it again, in a heartbeat! I had worn "coke bottle bottoms" for 36 years (since age 9). The cost of my lens were through the roof (due to "indexing" which makes the lens thinner because I got headaches from the weight of the thicker ones).

I suffered from severe myopia (near-sightedness) and astigmatism. But the procedure only took 5 seconds in the right eye and 6 seconds in the left. And then... I went from 20/500 to 20/10 (right eye)... and from 20/550 to 20/15 (left eye)!!!. Absolutely NO kidding. Went home and slept for 4 hours (as advised) and woke up with FULL VISION! No pain, no discomfort... and STILL have 20/10-20/15 vision... 5 years later! Just use "rewetting" drops on occasion (windy days, etc.). This was a boon for me because I am also a diabetic, which can cause blurry vision (when glucose is too high - like, when I am sick), so sometimes my vision "tests" my blood sugar (well, prompts me to test it)!

I have tried to convince my husband (since his recent pair of new glasses cost more than $600... due primarily to the lens!)... and son to do it, but neither relish the thought. Ah, well... their loss. Another two years and its will have paid for itself in what I will save on glasses and sunglasses.

GOOD for you, you courageous soul!

Peace to you and all who braved the "knife"!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

I had it done in January. BIG THUMBS UP. I wore glasses since 3rd grade. Contacts since age 13. And was having a ton of eye problems with my contacts for the past few years. I finally got it done.....it really hurt just because I had blood vessels growing into my cornea (bec. I wore contacts when I shouldnt have been). I'd say I'm at 20/20....night vision isnt perfect but I'm still comfortable driving at night

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit