Old members....

by Botzwana 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I was looking through this site and noticed many that haven't responded to new posts in 6 to 9 years. Do these people go back to the Org or do they just go live their lives? NewWorldSlacker is one I saw that is gone. Prisca too. I am sure there are many others.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Most I think just grow past this place and move on. Most of the ex Jws in my FB list were from here, but most no longer come back. I was gone for a while, just kinds checking it out.

Some actually say good bye and deliberatly move on from here. Many that do stay do so I think because they want to help.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They change their user names.

I remember one called BANE

• cantleave
    cantleave

I would be surprised if anyone goes back once they have truly woken up. Most will move on, not needing the support. After a while raking over old ground gets tedious.

• moshe
    moshe

Some get tired of doing free counseling and answering the same questions from newbies, over and over.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The first few days are "OMG/No Wonder I felt like that!/I still can't believe it, show me more evidence!".

The first couple of months is "Ah-Ha!".

The first couple of years is about healing/retooling/rebirth.

The next few are about finding a way to be the real you. And continued therapy as you heal.

Over time, some stick around - others come and go - some just leave.

I have been here for 6 years now. I moderate, which gives me an excuse, er reason to come back. But I am not here nearly as often as I used to be - sometimes I skip a couple weeks or more without stopping by. But I have friends here, and I hope to help the occassional newbie where I can. Still, the addiction is not as strong as it once was - same information/ideas/problems with the organization are recycled so often that I don't click on many threads these days.

Jeff

• mouthy
    mouthy

I stay!!! This is my family,my congregation,some get "ticked" at me so it is like being married.lol
    I have been here 8 or 9 years cant remember ( demetia),,but I have come to love many on board.
    I get up every morning (unfortunatly) I look on my e-mails,see what trouble my family is in
    then I play about 10 hands of freecell. Then I get on Active Topics read some ... then I go eat.
    That my story Why I stay.( I know many wish I would ruddy well go

• life is to short
    life is to short

Mouthy I love YOU so much do not go anywhere. (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))

LITS

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Grace,

I think all right-thinking members of this forum want you to stay here with us.

Only wrong-thinkers would dare suggest otherwise, and we won't take any truck from that lot!

• TheListener
    TheListener

Some of us stay around because our immediate and extended family are all witnesses so even though we've personally moved on and are exploring other parts of our life we are faced with JW issues almost daily.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit