do you miss anything from when you were a jw?

by Newborn 39 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

I miss the sense of security regarding the future- the certainty of everlasting life in the paradise earth, being healed, seeing my Mom again in the ressurection..

why did it all have to turn out to be just a fable?

• simon17
    simon17

Sometimes when I see pictures of the conventions , I feel a little melancholy. I miss the innocence and being naive. I miss having my binoculars, trying to find my best friends sitting across the convention hall. I miss feeling like Im the luckiest girl, being priveleged to be born into the "truth". I miss being with people who automatically believe the same way as me, so that I dont have to try and scrape for similarities. Sometimes, I find there is truth to the saying "Ignorance is Bliss". Now that I know what I know, I never want to go back. But sometimes I wish I didnt know what I know

This kind of struck a chord with me. As a fader, sometimes I still go to assemblies for a day here or there, and sometimes I'm in the audience, sitting by myself, and one of the better songs comes on. Everyone is standing, singing. I remember being a part of something special. As much as I didn't like assemblies, the whole JW lifestyle was a peaceful disconnect from the harsh realities of life. Now I stand there, not singing, seeing all these people still believing they are part of something special. The difference between me and them: Neither of us are part of something special, but only I know that. Melancholy was the perfect word to describe it.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Absolutetly bloody nothing at all!

As for the assemblies, meetings, conventiuons, special talks etc. etc. etc - yuk!!!!

Bill.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Woody22 and Mandette, sorry for your losses

Billy, also miss my wasted youth...

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

TheNobleLodge...

Sorry I lied ....... I miss all the money we donated over the years.

Yes, and I miss that very much too!

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

I miss my family. Most of which are still hard core lie believers. So they have nothing to do with me or my children.

But it's their loss. I am in the process of making a new family, a family that will love us and be there for us no matter what. We will be more tight knit than blood.

And I second that Billy. I miss the opportunities that I might have had had I not been born into a lie.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I miss my family. Other than that I don't miss anything.

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

I miss the feeling of wanting to slit my wrists at every mind numbing meeting and assembly...

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

My family who don't talk to me and old friends I made when I was a good Jehovah's Witness.

I miss thinking I knew the truth (God's sacride secret) and had the chance to save people and was one of the righteous ones with a gift... even though I was imperfect and sinned at times (ha back then it was listened to music that had a few bad words in them, PG13 movies with violence or immoral acts, umm not going out every Saturday morning, forgetting to study my leason, and hmm wanting a boyfriend even if he was worldly ha).

I miss being part of a group of people with the same believes... socielizing at conventions, assemblies, get togethers, etc.

• d
    d

I also sometimes feel nostalgic about the Jw's but once I really think about it. The joy was short lived as I got older I kept on wondering could this really be the truth?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit