do you miss anything from when you were a jw?

by Newborn 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

a few of my friends who also used to be jw's, say they miss certain things abt it...I can honestly say that I don't miss a single thing (my sister obviously who's still in but nothing else).

before I could sometimes miss having such a strong belief but that's also gone. I guess I've moved on big time

/Newborn

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Only thng I have missed is knowing that I had the "truth." Now I ask the question that Pilate asked Jesus 2,000 years ago, "What is truth?" I've decided to stop thinking about it and just live my life.

I do miss association with my still-JW daughter, but can't go back to the "lie."

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Sometimes when I see pictures of the conventions, I feel a little melancholy. I miss the innocence and being naive. I miss having my binoculars, trying to find my best friends sitting across the convention hall. I miss feeling like Im the luckiest girl, being priveleged to be born into the "truth". I miss being with people who automatically believe the same way as me, so that I dont have to try and scrape for similarities. Sometimes, I find there is truth to the saying "Ignorance is Bliss". Now that I know what I know, I never want to go back. But sometimes I wish I didnt know what I know

• designs
    designs

AwSnap- you know the early Conventions , for me in the 60s, were fun.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I miss the instant friends... but then again where are they now if they loved me so much... but at the time I thought it was special

• life is to short
    life is to short

I am with Bonnie and Clyde and AwSnap

I miss feeling like I knew the answers to the problems of the world. Now I realize I know nothing and it is scary.

LITS

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

It is scary, and I miss those things too. But I don't miss the feeling of guilt that came with it. I always felt that somehow I just wasn't making the grade.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I miss the innocence and being naive.
    Sometimes, I find there is truth to the saying "Ignorance is Bliss".

Same here. When I think back to my younger days, I see I was an idiot. I was also much happier than I am today.

W

• watersprout
    watersprout

I miss having a new outfit for every day of the convention or assemblies! I don't have new outfits now! *SIGH*

Apart from the ''having new clothes* I MISS ABSOLOUTELY NOTHING!!!!!! Loving my life now!

Peace and light

• prophecor
    prophecor

sometimes I wish I didnt know what I know

How true. The ability to take from others who may have understanding of God's Word becomes next to impossibe. You become forever tainted by the reality that others don't have the truth but neither do you. Looking for truth becomes a very intricate game of cat and mouse or carrot with the stick. I will never stop searching, regardless. Truth is available. You must, however, never tire in the quest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit