do you miss anything from when you were a jw?

by Newborn 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Girlie
    Girlie

I miss some of the friendships I made in. There were and still are some good people inside of JW and it is my hope they too will discover the truth about the troof and move on to live more meaningful and purposeful existences.

As far as FS, meetings, assemblies, conventions, etc., I am more than happy to be rid of those things.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Absolutely nothing. The time I wasted in field circus, doing nothing except repeatedly working the same damn territories (and doing it the way it has been done for the previous 50 years). The fact that I have precisely nothing to show for the years I wasted in the cancer. That I had to be scared of Christmas songs, regular music on the radio, birthdays, and generally everything that could have been fun and/or useful in my life.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I miss all the beautiful suits, dresses, skirts etc I used to buy constantly. Now I work in a casual office and only have the need for a few black evening dresses. I sure miss the variety - but have no need for it.

I also miss my old Scrabble partner - she absolutely kicked ass at Scrabble!

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

I miss my family. More so than I will admit, sometimes even to myself.

All the rest -- the monotony of going to the meetings week in and week out; the super late nights when Dad stayed afterward to talk with the other elders; the gut-gnawing stress endured during the hell that is Field Service; the torment of being unmercifully mocked in school -- I do not miss those things one bit.

RTA

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

watersprout & mag witch- I MISS THE CLOTHES TOO- I love getting dressed up, and now I wear some of my favorite meeting clothes that I pair up with mini's instead of below the knee skirts(thankfully mini's are in style this fall/winter) and I miss high heels- I love my beauties so...sometimes I take them out of the closet and look at them- I don't have an excuse anymore to go out and buy new fancy outfits like I did. I would always look forward to the conventions and assemblies- not for the programs- but to look at what everyone was wearing & see who was wearing the highest heels. -so silly......

Yes I should put in a token coment about family, yes sometimes I miss my sister & cousins, aunts & uncles, but not as much as I thought I would.....

CHG

• sherah
    sherah
    I miss my wasted youth.

Me too

I also miss getting dressed, i have a closet full of dresses, suits and heels that I just can't part with yet.

Although the programs are dull and boring, I miss the social aspect of the DC's and CA's. The getting together with friends and family, meeting new people, the 'faux' unity...good times.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Seeing my husband dressed up in a suit every week . Now he only wears one for weddings or funerals ......I don't miss wearing dresses though ! I have only wore a dress twice in the last five yrs .

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

I miss nothing, nothing at all. I am free

I hated the DC/CAs...hated them with a passion. For me it was about survival, just getting through those long, boring, droning, going on for ever sessions Ok now I've made myself feel sick.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Sorry I lied ....... I miss all the money we donated over the years.

• zarco
    zarco

The only thing I miss is the homemade Mexican food at the circuit assemblies so many years ago

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit