Weak JW Commits Suicide, Elders Reluctantly Have a Memorial at the Kingdom Hall

by OnTheWayOut 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Can we imagine what Jesus would think of this total lack of mercy and respect...makes me shudder these days hearing the way they behave.

Loz x

• minimus
    minimus

OTWO, can a JW be in "good" standing and still be inactive?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Min, I suppose if we split hairs, NO. Still, it is a way to say that he was inactive without any cause for a JC.

A member of an organization "in good standing" would have met all the requirements of that organization. While an inactive one hasn't violated any specific hard rules, he doesn't really meet all the requirements of members- the field recruiting and shaving of beards type of stuff.

Good catch.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Aww that's so sad! I feel sorry for the man and the wife! It's a shame the elders hesitate to display love and consern for the members from their own hall regardless if they are inactive or active. But that is how it is with alot of JW... they judge and worry about how their actions will look to others rather then displaying a true Christ like attitude.

• minimus
    minimus

OTWO, the reason I caught that is because I was asked if I was in "good standing" a few years back and I answered with, "it depends upon who's making the judgment". LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit