7th Day Adventists came to my house... it was weird

by sabastious 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I prefer to speak to the Mormon guys when they come around.
    Being an avid biker, it's a way to ask a few questions about their bikes, maintenance, tires, etc., thank them for visiting and then politely shut the door.

If you want to make them nervous......ask them about their magic underwear.

Think About It

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I think they would have frightened me. All that insistance on additional change? whew!

How were they dressed?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I wonder if the Seventh Day Adventists have something equivalent to our "Do Not Call List" ???

If not, you could get their names and phone numbers and have an elder call and explain how our system works.

Rub a Dub

• sabastious
    sabastious
    How were they dressed?

Suit and ties without the coats.

-Sab

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

wow...interesting...a walkie talkie huh?

I work with a lady who grew up a 7th Day Adventist and left when she was a teenager - we swap war stories about the cults that still affect us...

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

That's one nice thing about living in a security condo NO ONE comes to my door unless i buzz them in and I can see them on the security camera...

• AnnOMaly
  • AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

(Accidentally pressed submit again before typing. Doh.)

sab: He then handed me a pamphlet about the wonders of Jesus and asked for money, "anything would do" he said. ...
    ... Then he asked for MORE money. He asked me if I had any change laying around. I told him I didn't have any change "laying around" but I did have a change jar which is like a mini savings. He straight up asked me if I would get 4 quarters out of it. I told him no, that I felt the 1 dollar was a good donation since the other guy said I could give what I wanted.
    This other guy literally took about a full minute to stop asking for loose change and finally they both left.

Are you sure they were real SDAs and not some scammers?

Think About It: If you want to make them nervous......ask them about their magic underwear.

Isn't that the Mormons???

• poppers
    poppers

AnnOMaly, that comment from Think About It about the underwear was in reference to a comment by RubaDub concerning the Mormons.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Ack. I'm half asleep today!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit