Qestions too US peopel

by happy man 10 Replies latest jw friends

• happy man
    happy man

When we in sweden read about so much terribel things happend in US, for exampel all this killing and massakers,
    and scandals, as now in Enron bussiness, i read that one boss killd himself, it is perhaps a new wartegate scandal.
    Then when i see all this movies widh a lot of killing and other terribel things, as been send all overer the word from hollywood,
    can you not understand that some peopel see this as a poison , , if I then look what US military done, inn IRAK, and other places, killing innocent peopel, i think you goverment show one face at home , and other face inn for exampel the 3 word.
    If I say If your presidint shows upp to bee involvd inn this mess inn enron , what do you say, as talk so much of JW as bad peopel,
    For mee i think JW try too bee unest, and try to follow bibel, some are crocks, like some of you showed here inn this moldest casisis.
    But what we are learnd is to try to follow bibel, if some dont you can not blame the religion. For mee it is a good thing that some religion not are getting involment widh all this mess , inn politics and war stuff.
    I now that a lot of strong forceses are after us beaucause of this , they didnt like that someone say no to ther policy,
    so i think we as JW have wery strong enemys , who didnt like our position, something you must think abaout when you read some of this posts on this site.
    I must say i can not understand some of you as was showing who happy they was now we can worshipp the flagg and the nation, you must look trogh all this propaganda, and see what it is realy abauot, money and bigg business, and the most of your religion is folowing the goverment, remeber Nixon, perhaps the next man is Bush?
    I put inn a link inn the morning who was telling some intresting points, even if this was some propaganda from musslims, i must say some of it was things you must think very careefull abauot.
    I dont think that any goverment can solve this terribel things happend on erth, Dan 2;:44 is what bibel say will happend, it is a good hope, also inn Rev 21 as the most of you now.

• avengers
    avengers
    For mee i think JW try too bee unest, and try to follow bibel, some are crocks, like some of you showed here inn this moldest casisis.

Talk about crock.

so i think we as JW have wery strong enemys
    My children are within this "religion". JW's are not my enemies.
    I have a war against their leaders who abuse and exploit.

That JW's have enemies? That I do believe. So I urge you poor indoctrinated souls to be careful.

• Bodhisattva
    Bodhisattva

Happy Man -

It seems you are arguing that the Watchtower religion has merit because it does not get involved in business or government corruption. What say you about the U.N. NGO membership issue? Have you ever seen a corrupt businessman or politician as slick as the Watchtower's representatives in twisting around a scandal?

I hope you someday know how good it feels to take an active part in your community by helping decide which politician, though inperfect, will do the best job working for the good of the people; or by helping someone in need of life-sustaining blood transfusions just by taking a few minutes to donate. I hope you someday know how enjoyable it is to get together with friends for a good meal on a holiday, however pagan its origins, or to show honor and appreciation for a friend on their birthday. Keep reading here, and you most likely will!

Bodhisattva

• BERNARD
    BERNARD

yawn,yawn,yawn tell you what, you a true christian
    send for me to come live in sweden with you if its so
    great but kingdom hall is out of the Question I believe
    in uncoditional love, not conditional love as you
    as a jehovah witness believe in.Practice which is
    not easy at all true love as a true christian has
    for his fellow man.THE WATCHTOWER SHUNS PEOPLE AND
    BREAK UP FAMILY TIES. SHOW ME IN THE BIBLE WHERE JESUS
    SHUNED OR DID NOT TALK TO ANYONE ? JUSUS DID NOT EVEN
    SHUN THE DEVIL HIMSELF NOW DID HE? you think about it

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello Happy Man,

I understand what you are saying and thank you for your comments.

There is no doubt about it Happy Man, that the European view of the WTS is rather different from the view here in the US. Though loyalty to the WTS is still a paramount requirement to any JW, my own experience is that European JW's, and I served in a number of countries in Europe, are far less dedicated to the 'corporate' image of the WTS that their North American counterpart, and seem to tolerate rather than worship the Organization. I have to say that many JW's that I have met in the US use the word 'Jehovah' and 'Organization' as transferable terms.

This has been discussed at length on this Board in the past and it would be worthwhile to track down some of those discussions.

The whole point though Happy Man, is that being a JW relinquishes the right of the individual to exercise their own conscience on matters of faith. If you disagree with this, just think about the last time you saw a person at your KH during the WT Study, disagree with a point made in the Watchtower, or one of the WTS books. It is not possible without causing problems. JW's do not have freedom of speech and because of that freedom of emotional expression is limited.

This Happy Man is by design not by accident. The WTS needs to control your intellect in order for it to survive, and will do so by whatever means neccessary. It cannot afford for any of its more eccentric doctrines to be questioned publicly, because they cannot bear the scrutiny of public questioning.

A while ago I spoke with a member of the London Branch Committee about a doctrinal issue that the WTS has been aware of as being flawed for at least twenty years. I know they are aware of it's inability to stand close scrutiny because I bought it to the attention of Peter XXXXX two decades ago and after we discussed the issue and evidence was presented, there was agreement that the WTS had an incorrect understanding of this doctrine. This doctrine is life altering in its concept, and is in my opinion on the 'most wanted list' of dangerous doctrine.

When I asked this person why after twenty years nothing had been done to attend to the problem, I was informed that the GB had discussed it but felt that it would interfere with our being viewed as a unified body, and there Happy Man you have it in a nutshell. This is a religion of the 'visible', like its Judaic counterpart in the C1st, it relies on what is seen, not what is spiritual.

For example, a thief and gangster attends all the meetings, assemblies, goes on field service regularly, wears the correct attire, answers up three times at the WT Study. They are viewed as 'spiritual people'.

A virtuous, kind, compassionate and merciful person, is irregular at the meetings, struggles with assemblies, does not answer up at the meetings, reports three hours per month in Field Service. How are they viewed, as spiritually strong? Hardly. Yet they are strong in all the 'unseen' values, that I am sure you will agree are of the greater importance.

It is true, that the WTS has much going for it. It imbues a sense of community in a person, I truly respect its attempts at being internationally peaceful, I even like some of its ethics, but its dangers at present far outway its benefits.

This site is made up Happy Man of many different types of people. All we really have in common is the we were /are bound together in a religous philosophy that reached much deeper than most, and subsequently hurt much deeper than most. It is no secret that I find some aspects of this Board as disturbing and even as dangerous as I did some of the WTS teachings, but people here are damaged and bewildered in many ways and many of us have never been allowed to develop the life skills neccessary to think for ourselves. Try not to judge us too harshly, but try to look at the greater picture.

Anyway, good to have your here, I remember with affection my trips to Sweden.

Best regards - HS

• detective
    detective

Wonderful points, HS.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

HS,

Excellent!!

Jst2laws

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

On another note, the death of the former Enron executive just before he was about to testify was very likley murder, especially considering he already resigned from enron a year ago protesting their business dealings and had no real reason to kill himself.

Bush is indeed tied to enron, as are many people in the current US white house. When your dealing with this much money, your dealing with a lot of purchased government officials.

• terafera
    terafera

and another thing..

where do you get off blaming America for rapes and murders?? They are all over the earth.. not just here! If you think things are so perfect where you are, get off the hill yodeling, and do some research on your own problems! I just love pompous foreigners telling me how crappy my country is...

(((((Ricola!!!)))))

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

...an American who thinks that Sweden is Switzerland...funny!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit