Another blood ban victim (2 months old baby)

by behemot 18 Replies latest watchtower medical

• behemot
    behemot

Baby dies after parents refuse blood transfusion
    December 13, 2010
    A 2-month-old baby born with heart defects died recently after her parents, members of Jehovah’s Witness, refused to allow surgery because of their faith prohibiting blood transfusions, hospital officials said yesterday.

The baby, identified by her surname Lee, was born in August with a congenital heart disease. Doctors at the Seoul Asan Hospital, where she was first admitted, concluded that she needed surgery, but her parents refused to give permission, according to the officials.

Hospital officials, ethics teams and lawyers sought and won a court order in October allowing doctors to override the parents’ objections and perform the surgery, but the parents refused to comply and transferred their child to another hospital, whose name was withheld, which they claimed succeeded in performing the same kind of surgery without a blood transfusion.

The baby died less than a week after she was moved.

“Even if I go back to that time again, I would insist on surgery without a blood transfusion,” the mother said.
    source: http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2929557
  • cantleave
    cantleave

*Sigh* so terribly sad.

• blondie
    blondie

Doesn't sound like these jws stepped back and let the secular authorities take responsibility for the decision.

• Scully
    Scully

If there was a court order to override the parents' decision, then parents violated the court order by removing the baby from the hospital's custody. How anyone can just "remove" an infant with a congenital heart disease who must have been in a neonatal intensive care unit on cardiac monitors is beyond my comprehension.

I hope criminal charges against the parents are pending, and I have a feeling that the WTS Legal Department will hang them out to dry.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

The Wanktower Society always lets it's slaves into the open once the bullets start whistling.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Their congregation's elders probably haven't gone to the KM school and learned the noo lite on blood. (that if you just "say" no-blood it's good enough...you don't need to fight about it)

Just a matter of timing and this child could have been saved.

CULT!

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Asan Medical Center(??????) is the parent of seven hospitals which are part of the Asan Foundation established in 1977 and which has non-profit operations in areas including healthcare, social work, scholarship, and R&D support.

Global Medical Complex - Asan Medical Center

With an area greater than 3 million sq. ft. and with 2,743 beds, Asan Medical Center is the largest hospital in Korea. Seoul AMC treats 9,600 outpatients and 285 emergency patients on an average day. It also performs 57,000 highly complex surgeries each year.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The WT continues to have blood on its hands.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

There's a side of me that feels that this kid would be better off dead than being raised within this religion, especially if her parents are die hard JWs. Granted, its a small side of me, and it doesn't outweight my belief that this child deserved better, that being at least a chance at experiencing life and all the joys and sorrows that come with life. She'll never get that oppurtunity now, but speaking from a born-in's perspective, she'll also miss out on a lot of the heartache, stress, confusion, depression, and turmoil found within this religion.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Truly sad and horrific.

Truly.

FOR I DESIRE MERCY AND NOT SACRIFICE !!!

So much for studying the bible.

7 “But if you had knownwhat this 1 means, ‘ a I desire 2 compassion, and not a sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the innocent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit