Another blood ban victim (2 months old baby)

by behemot 18 Replies latest watchtower medical

• tec
    tec

Yes, PSac, that's one teaching that the WTS just doesn't understand. Or ignores, so that their followers don't understand it. But how can you be judgmental if mercy trumps punishment?

It is sad. I haven't always known it either, of course. But I wish, as teachers, they could learn it themselves, and then teach it.

Tammy

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

This is a tragedy. A child who is 2 months old can't be baptised (too young to serve Jehovah), yet is required to forego the best medical treatment and die for Jehovah? I hope this tragedy leads the parents to WAKE UP from this CULT!

• still wondering
    still wondering

"In former times thousands of youths died for putting God first. They are still doing it, only today the drama is played out in hospitals and courtrooms, with blood transfusions the issue."
    Awake! - May 22, 1994, p.2

Yes, the sacrifice of human life, human sacrifices, to please God by as is stated “putting God first”.

Why? Because we are told that’s what He requires and is pleased by such sacrifices, just like the Canaanite gods.

Such are the consequences of worshipping, thence sacrificing to, the watchtower gods and their idols. Their primary idol, the bunch of desperadoes who call themselves the “governing body”, in an effort to subserviate its followers erects subsidiary idols to pay homage and sacrifices to such as blood.

• Scully
    Scully

If child sacrifice was something detestable to Jehovah in the time of Israel, to the point where Jehovah decreed that he would reject the nation for this practice, how can any JW parent believe that sacrificing their child on the basis of the WTS's blood doctrine is the right thing to do?

Jeremiah 7:29-31, NWT:

“Shear off your uncut hair and throw [it] away, and upon the bare hills raise a dirge, for Jehovah has rejected and will desert the generation with which he is furious. ‘For the sons of Judah have done what is bad in my eyes,’ is the utterance of Jehovah. ‘They have set their disgusting things in the house upon which my name has been called, in order to defile it. And they have built the high places of To´pheth, which is in the valley of the son of Hin´nom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, a thing that I had not commanded and that had not come up into my heart.’

Jeremiah 19:3-5, NWT:

‘Hear the word of Jehovah, O YOU kings of Judah and YOU inhabitants of Jerusalem. This is what Jehovah of armies, the God of Israel, has said:

“‘“Here I am bringing a calamity upon this place, of which when anyone hears, his ears will tingle; for the reason that they have left me and have proceeded to make this place unrecognizable and to make sacrificial smoke in it to other gods whom they had not known, they and their forefathers and the kings of Judah; and they have filled this place with the blood of the innocent ones. And they built the high places of the Ba´al in order to burn their sons in the fire as whole burnt offerings to the Ba´al, something that I had not commanded or spoken of, and that had not come up into my heart.”’

Jeremiah 32:30-35, NWT:

“‘For the sons of Israel and the sons of Judah have proved to be mere doers of what was bad in my eyes, from their youth on up; for the sons of Israel are even offending me by the work of their hands,’ is the utterance of Jehovah. ‘For this city, from the day that they built it, clear down to this day, has proved to be nothing but a cause of anger in me and a cause of rage in me, in order to remove it from before my face, on account of all the badness of the sons of Israel and of the sons of Judah that they have done to offend me, they, their kings, their princes, their priests and their prophets, and the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem. And they kept turning to me the back and not the face; though there was a teaching of them, a rising up early and teaching, but there were none of them listening to receive discipline. And they went putting their disgusting things in the house upon which my own name has been called, in order to defile it. Furthermore, they built the high places of Ba´al that are in the valley of the son of Hin´nom, in order to make their sons and their daughters pass through [the fire] to Mo´lech, a thing that I did not command them, neither did it come up into my heart to do this detestable thing, for the purpose of making Judah sin.’

• flipper
    flipper

This makes me just want to strangle some of these mind controlled parents ! Makes you think Jehovah's Witnesses SHOULD NOT be allowed to have children at all if the blood ban continues to be allowed endangering witness children's lives. Some humans just should not be parents. Sick

• bigbird
    bigbird

First of all, we do NOT know all the facts or situation about this family. The parents were not refusing to have the surgery, just not with blood, which is NOT always necessary, again we do not know all the facts. The doctors should not just out right refuse, and should work with what they are given. The doctors refusing to do nothing becuase they don't like the facts is horrible on their part. Blood transfusions may have a high success rate, but also do come with serious possible side effects. Now, the transfer to another hospital did not say the parents took the baby in a car, they may have transfered in an ambulance with staff, which is often done when a patient wants to transfer.

On a last note, the article does not say how the baby died. For all we know the baby would have died of the many possible complications from this serious surgery regardless of the transfusion.

I am not advocating for or against blood transfusions. I do advocate getting all the facts before we hang the parents of this child. There are few people out there that have been in their situation and could understand what they are going through. I feel sorry for their loss of thier infant. Many of you should be ashamed for critzing these parents choices without the facts. I hope that next time an article like this gets posted you think before you judged. Your no better than the witnesses your writing about if you continue to do so.

• TD
    TD

You're right. we don't have all the facts. With that in mind:

The parents were not refusing to have the surgery, just not with blood, which is NOT always necessary, again we do not know all the facts

You can't have it both ways. You can't point out that "we" (which would presumabely include you as well) do not have "all the facts" and simultaneously presume to second guess the medical team's judgment that blood was in fact necessary in this case. You do realize that this was heart surgery on an infant? And that infants have very little tolerence for blood loss?

The doctors should not just out right refuse, and should work with what they are given.

Do you understand the chain of events after a patient has died on the operating table?

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

Even if I go back to that time again, I would insist on surgery without a blood transfusion,” the mother said. It's true we don't have all the facts . but the mothers statement above seems to imply that blood had something to do with the death. It's the whole point the parents ignored a court order surely with hellp from hlc or elders. It's things like this that make me call for a ban on the wts worldwide. just my 2 cents

• The Finger
    The Finger

When I was a JW I would not have allowed a blood transfusion for my children. I would no longer sacrifice my children.

If my child had died as a result of my previous viewpoint I would not be a happy man.

Molech isn't God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit