Unbelievable WT Oct 15/2010 2nd study article

by bobld 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bobld
    bobld

"Our viewpoint may be distorted or limited" Par 16 "Mosaic Law-he(God) did not enforce his own law"WTF.

So the GB/FDS will tell us their distorted viewpoint.They say law given to imperfect judges who could not read hearts.Yet the GB/FDS says they can by their pharisaic laws and rules ie child abuse/shunning/etc.

Why did God give the Mosaic law if they could not read hearts.Oh it was ok for the Israelites to kill some people for adultery/murder but not David because they could not read his heart.WTF does it matter if he was sorry and repentent were not the others just as sorry and repentent.

B

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I always wondered about that double standard. Why was he allowed to live? He committed adultery and murder and was not repentant until he was found out.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Because he was anointed as the king, chosen by God? I don't really know, just throwing something out there. Maybe that's how it makes sense to a JW.

• bobld
    bobld

If he was one of God's anointed then that rule should apply to all 144k and none need to be replaced.

B

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

I wonder what would happen if we would follow God's twisted sense of righteousness, killing innocents left and right.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

The account of the census always made me angry. Reading at Samuel 24 it shows how at v4 David was warned against the census by Joab and the chiefs of the military forces, and the census itself took almost 10 months (v8) so he had plenty of time to change his mind and stop it. Nevertheless due to his pride or whatever 70 000 people died !!! Why did so many innocent people have to die for a man's sin? I can never reconcile this account with reason, so I guess I must suffer also from a 'distorted or limited viewpoint'. I don't care if these people will be resurrected one day, I will never explain why they died from an angel using bioterrorism (making them all sick with some sort of death-dealing pestilence). And only after so many had died God told him to stop, since "it was now enough". Couldn't God have deemed it enough after 1, 5, 10 people dying to pay for only 1 person's sin? Why did so many have to die??

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never saw how anyone could view Tyrant David as anything more than a wicked mass-murderer. This scumbag killed tens of thousands of innocent people, in the name of God, simply because they were not serving the same God as Tyrant David. Isn't this sxxx also going on in the name of Allah, done by Muslims that kill tens of thousands of people simply for not worshiping Allah? And, when are these Muslims viewed as righteous?

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

The account of the census always made me angry. Reading at Samuel 24 it shows how at v4 David was warned against the census by Joab and the chiefs of the military forces, and the census itself took almost 10 months (v8) so he had plenty of time to change his mind and stop it. Nevertheless due to his pride or whatever 70 000 people died !!! Why did so many innocent people have to die for a man's sin? I can never reconcile this account with reason, so I guess I must suffer also from a 'distorted or limited viewpoint'. I don't care if these people will be resurrected one day, I will never explain why they died from an angel using bioterrorism (making them all sick with some sort of death-dealing pestilence). And only after so many had died God told him to stop, since "it was now enough". Couldn't God have deemed it enough after 1, 5, 10 people dying to pay for only 1 person's sin? Why did so many have to die??

Because Jehovah is Satan, Jehovah is a murderer, and Jehovah ordered David to take the census. Here's the Biblical "proof":

"And SATAN stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel." ~1 Chronicles 21:1.

"And again the anger of JEHOVAH was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah." ~2 Samuel 24:1

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

"I always wondered about that double standard. Why was he allowed to live? He committed adultery and murder and was not repentant until he was found out."

Good question. Perhaps the answer lies in the fact that God knew David's heart before this situation arose...and forsaw his repentance as only God can.

Remember Moses too was a murderer...and speaking of him, Paul wrote:

Rom 9:15,16 "......I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Good question. Perhaps the answer lies in the fact that God knew David's heart before this situation arose...and forsaw his repentance as only God can.

That is ridiculous. If God knew he was going to do this before the situation arose, why didn't God stop him from doing it?

David did these kind of things more than once.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit