I was forwarded an email about Jack Barr's passing away

by jj123jj123 15 Replies latest jw friends

• jj123jj123
    jj123jj123

has anyone else seen this email? I thought I would pass it along...

Dear friends,

We are saddened to inform you that we learned early this morning at Morning Worship, that Brother John E. Barr, the oldest living member of the Governing Body finished his earthly course this past Saturday. Brother Barr, (known to his friends as "Jack") will be affectionately remembered for his kind and grandfatherly way, his gentle demeanor, and tender compassion. He was born in Scotland, England, and served at the London Bethel and in the traveling work in the early forties, and was transferred to Brooklyn Bethel in the 70's to become a member of the Governing Body. His wife, Mildred, also one of the Lord's own, finished her earthly course in 2004. He was known, not only for his paternal manner, but also for his keen mind and ability to crisply communicate important spiritual truths in a captivating way. In the final weeks before his death, when his health had deteriorated somewhat, he must have sensed that the end of his life was drawing near. He wrote a very touching letter of appreciation to those working under him in the Writing Department and Writing Prepress, conveyed to us by two other members of the Governing Body who went to visit him in during his sickness.
    His passing in a way signifies a generational shift with regard to the Governing Body. Brother Barr was the last living member of the Governing Body directly associated with events taking place early in the ' Lord's Day ." (Revelation 1:10) Other members of the Governing Body now serving generally constitute an 'overlapping generation' of Christ's brothers. As with the passing of theocratic responsibilities from Moses to Joshua or from Elijah to Elisha, we fully anticipate the undeterrred and unabated forward movement and acceleration of theocratic developments in these final moments of the Last Days, even as the system of things is very observably in its death throes.
    While there is no doubt that those of us who knew and dearly loved Brother Barr, as one 'so like the Lord' in his manner, we rejoice with him in his attainment to increased responsibilities. We are completely confident that 'his works go right with him.' (Revelation 14:13).

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Who wrote this? I can't believe they put that overlapping nonsense in there. Also how they likened the GB to Moses, Elijah, etc- actual bible characters.

• cantleave
    cantleave

They really are swallowing the Bullshit.

• besty
    besty
    He was born in Scotland, England,

Scotland, a small town outside London :-)

• stapler99
    stapler99

It's interesting to see the "overlapping generation" principle being applied directly to the current Governing Body, as opposed to the anointed remnant as a whole. Do they really believe that people will think that we must be very close to the end because the current Governing Body has a time limit on it? What exactly are they contemperanous with - not 1914, not 1935, no, some other point where there was overlapping.

This idea is ridiculous and I wouldn't be suprised to see it silently dropped.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ GB Deaths overlapped..

It`s amazing they all died on the same day..

Dumb Ass`s..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Hello jj123jj123,

Do I understand correctly the mail comes from a Bethel source? The news is already a few days on this board, but this seems to make it official. It seems that the current GB also understood that the generation of 1914 is officially dead now(the one that would never pass away). and they hope everybody swallows the overlapping doctrine. I know many who don't. On the sideline, Moses prophecied about a generation it was fulfilled during his lifetime, an 'entire generation' disappeared in the desert, whereas ALL the people who prophesied that the generation of 1914 would not have passed away before Armaggeddon comes, are all DEAD. I am very curious to know what will change in the next months and years.

• AGuest
    AGuest

I'm sure someone's posted about it somewhere already (may you all have peace!), but if not:

Remaining in God’s Favor Despite Changes We will constantly find ourselves facing changes in our lives. Humility, modesty, and meekness will help us to remain in God’s favor.

Looks like they're "gearing up" to start the REAL "shovelling." Folks may wanna get out their hipboots... 'cause it's about to get "deep[er]".

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• jj123jj123
    jj123jj123

Hoffnung, I do not know the original source of this email. an active jw I know spammed a bunch of people in their contact list with this email

• xbro
    xbro

and the so very sad thing is that the poor followers will believe what they are told to believe. does anyone know howmany people born on or before 1914 in the world are left?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit