As for the current Governing Body members, they are "fakes."

by possible-san 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ding
    Ding

Would someone please show me from the Bible how this 1935 date was ever arrived at?

• possible-san
    possible-san

Ding.

Would someone please show me from the Bible how this 1935 date was ever arrived at?

What is your intention in asking about this?
    Are you an active Jehovah's Witness?

I think that they/JWs/ex-JWs usually know that there is no Biblical basis in that date itself.
    But that was a "basic doctrine" clearly.
    Probably, also about the convention used as that basis, most of all people relevant to Jehovah's Witnesses know well.

possible

• Ding
    Ding

No, I'm not an active JW.

I asked the question as a challenge to any on the forum who still believe the WTS is directed by God.

Even though the whole date system is based on false premises, the WTS at least adds and subtracts some numbers (2520-607+1) to equal 1914.

What about this 1935 date that they touted as the general cutoff for the "anointed" class?

How did they come up with this date from the Bible, or was it just, "The FDS says so and the FDS speaks for Jehovah"?

• moshe
    moshe

Strange isn't it? The current WT GB leaders have to be considered in the replacement category of anointed- so was it Jehoobah's plan all along to start the selection of the final anointed so far in advance that they would all be dead by the time that Armageddon arrived? God's true organization would then have to be lead by replacements for the original anointed who became backsliders. Not a very good plan for a perfect god is it?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door to the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. You don't go in yourselves, and you don't allow those who are trying to enter to go in" (Matthew 23:13).

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

***w952/15pp.19-20“HaveNoFear,LittleFlock”***

NumbersDecrease

6 In recent years the number of the little flock still on earth has become quite small. This was evident from the 1994 Memorial report. In some 75,000 congregations of Jehovah’s people worldwide, only 8,617 demonstrated by partaking of the emblems their profession to be members of the remnant. (Matthew 26:26-30) In contrast, the total attendance was 12,288,917. Anointed Christians know that this is to be expected. Jehovah has established a limited number, 144,000, to make up the little flock, and he has been gathering it since Pentecost 33 C.E. Logically, the calling of the little flock would draw to a close when the number was nearing completion, and the evidence is that the general gathering of these specially blessed ones ended in 1935. However, the other sheep in the time of the end were prophesied to grow to be “a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues.” Since 1935 the general gathering by Jehovah has been of this great crowd, whose hope is everlasting life on a paradise earth.—Revelation 7:9; 14:15, 16; Psalm 37:29.

7 Most of those of the little flock yet on earth are now in their 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s. A few have passed their 100th year of life. All of these, whatever their age, know that through a heavenly resurrection, they will eventually be united with Jesus Christ and will rule with him in his glorious Kingdom. Those of the great crowd will be earthly subjects of Christ the King. Let each one rejoice over what Jehovah has in store for those who love him. It is not for us to choose what hope to entertain. That is for Jehovah to determine. Both groups can thrill in their hope for a happy future, whether it be in the heavenly Kingdom or on a paradise earth under that Kingdom.—John 6:44, 65; Ephesians 1:17, 18.

Yeaaarhh!!!

• geevee
    geevee

Hi possible-san

Point taken. I am glad that you see it for what it is. Yes, I was there with you believing, promoting, defending, justifying... then it all came tumbling down. The most recent crop of GB would have to be a joke. They were too young in the borg R&F mind to be up there with the old originals, but what else can they do? They have to keep it going, move the goal posts and keep people sucked in as much as possible.

Good post/topic

• jejeval
    jejeval

For Jehovah's Witnesses, in many cases, "priests" is not a literal meaning.

Priesthood office is literal:

Exodus 28:10 (NWT)

And with them you must clothe Aaron your brother and his sons with him, and you must anoint them and fill their hand with power and sanctify them, and they must act as priests to me.

Anointing is literal:

1 Samuel 16:13

Accordingly Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers. And the spirit of Jehovah began to be operative upon David from that day forward. Later Samuel rose and went his way to Ra´mah.

Probably, in your interpretation, "priests" must be Israelis.

Well during the ancient times God's chosen people were the Israelites. Exodus 19:6

And even the Jews no dealings with the Samaritans:

John 4:9 (KJV)

Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.

But because of the grace of Christ:

Ephesians 3:6 (KJV)

That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Well, a Protestant magazine in Japan says that the 144,000 means all Christians.

Yea means all Christians:

Galatians 3:8 (KJV)

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Now, C.T. Russel and all the previous and current Governing Bodies even those belongs to 144,000 JWs, who anointed them (1 Samuel 16:13)? Who ordained them (Jeremiah 1:5)? Who laid hands upon their heads (Acts 6:5-7; 1 Timothy 2:7)?

None of the above.

Although your comment is interesting, in that explanation, I think that it may be unconvincing for Jehovah's Witnesses, IMO.

Well pertaining to their beliefs they are consistent, but with regards to their predictions they are inconsistent.

Peace...

jejeval

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Possible-san and others,

Sorry to come onto this topic late, but could you please explain to a newbie? Are "real" anointed those who identified themselves before 1935?

Do the anointed have a rank or class in the WTS?

Retro

(For background, I'm not a JW, but have a family member who is, and who has set me up with a couple of regular JW visitors, and I'm trying to learn all I can quickly.)

• possible-san
    possible-san

fresia.
    Ding.
    moshe.
    Leolaia.
    itsacult.
    Slidin Fast.
    geevee.
    jejeval.
    Retrovirus.

Thank you for your comments/views and replies.

Ding.

I asked the question as a challenge to any on the forum who still believe the WTS is directed by God.

I see.

Well, I would like to also express my view with regard to this point.

In my personal opinion, that is not "challenge", rather that will "defend" the present doctrine (the so-called "present truth") of JW. (In the present context/thread)
    Therefore, I inquired whether you are an active Jehovah's Witness.

About your question with regard to 1935, probably, I think that it is better to do in a different thread, IMO.

possible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit