Fox News: 'Efforts to Replace Allegiance to God with Allegieance to Government'. Oh.. also, the reason the home book study were cancelled.

by whereami 30 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
    whereami

Don't you just love the fear mongering.

Reason for why the in home book study was cancelled on minute 1:24.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGcrW993xck

• cantleave
    cantleave

Interesting statement.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Interesting. If 80% of americans believe in a real jesus christ, where is the threat to christianity coming from? How can america be having a war on christianity, when 80% of them are christian, according to this guy? Something doesn't add up. He says "atheists" are forbidding the use of words like christmass and jesus christ. Who the feck are these "atheists", who make up the ultra small minority of the maerican population?

S

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

If there is a war on religion, where do I enlist?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

So are JW kids in schools allowed to participate in "Winter parties" as opposed to "Christmas parties"?

• Hadit
    Hadit

Religion, government . . . all efforts to keep us asleep to our own power. Divide and conquer. Keep the people fighting and arguing - anything to keep them from THINKING and realizing that they have the power to effect change . . . if we all woke up to their ploys what a different world this would be.

Fear keeps us bound, gagged and blind to our power. Immobilized to action. The WT is just a tiny piece of a much bigger picture.

Hadit

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

where are these atheists "forbidding" things? only people i see trying to fobid things are religious fundementalists with things like gay rights. i hope atheists dont go the fundementalist rout and start trying to make everyone do what they believe like the xians.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I think they should take references to God out of secular settings. If people want to worship god they need to do it on their own time.

• agonus
    agonus

I agree that "worship" should be primarily a private rather than public affair but I'm not sure that ALL references to God, Jesus, religion, spirituality etc. should be removed from public view, especially in art or music. That sounds like a dangerous form of censorship to me. The WT confuses "worship" with respect for culture all the time (the flag salute, not standing during the national anthem, holidays, yadda yadda) and I'd hate to see the government make the same mistake.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I mostly mean religion, or religious references in government.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit