I listened to the meeting over the phone with my grandmother. This religion is nuts!!

by miseryloveselders 25 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Interesting how objective you can be listening over the telephone.

• blondie
    blondie

fokyc, isn't there somewhere you can go in the house and not listen, or put on headphones and listen to your favorite music, or have those wireless headphones that pickup the television signal?

I still have hookup to the meetings, but I can only manage 2 minutes at the most before an upchuck session.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Blondie, I often just go to bed; but IF I listen I know just how stupid it all is!

• jay88
    jay88

MLE- I wish there was more to read, all man,.......had me rolling. "This nigga's crazy."

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

It's an enjoyable experience.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Fresh Grandma Poop in a Bucket?..

Sometmes it`s good to leave some of the story out..

Especially at lunch,breakfast,or dinner..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• Violia
    Violia

There used to be a song , something like " whatever gets you through the night is allright". Grandma is old and is comforted by her religion. She needs it. She is really no different than the Catholic grandma obeidiently clinging to her rosary beads and her saints.

I'm glad you care enough to go see your grandma in the Nursing home and comfort her. That says a lot about you. Someone did something right in your upbringing.

I too feel creeped out when I hear letters read from the platform like they came straight from God.

lol Art Bell. My hubby used to have to get up at 0300 and the alarm was set to the station that carried his show. You are so right about people just will believe anything. I loved listening to Art Bell.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I had the joy of attending a Circuit Assembly this past weekend. I have mastered my tuning out strategies; my favorite is a blank notebook and a pencil. It has the double benefit of giving my mind free reign and looking "spiritual".

I think I caught the doublespeak in our Circuit Overseer's talk. Based on his continued insistence that field service is what sets Jehovah's Witnesses apart (I took note that he did not try to claim that door to door work is biblical.), I'd say that hours are down. Enthusiasm is down. Territories are not covered in the month. The hours are marked and everyone goes home. So he provides "encouragement" on the various ways that this dreaded duty can be made more palatable.

Then an odd exhortation to look more presentable out in service. No more ski jackets, Canadian men! Get yourselves a proper suit-coat. Women were also admonished broadly about their dress. No specifics. Probably did not want to single out the smartly dressed babes at the circut.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    This nigga's crazy

So, forgive me, dear Rooster, if I missed it before (peace to you!)... but you's a brutha?? 'Fo shizzy?

SA, on her own, and thinkin'... now, why didn't I SEE that... especially with the Jennifer Hudson, Angels and Poo-Nonny, and other like threads...

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    She looked at me smiling and full of joy, and whispered, "that is really something isn't it?" I replied with I'm sure a crazy grin on my face, "Yes it is." All the while I'm thinking to myself, "I've got to get away from these people. They're all nuts."

Made me laugh out loud, I thought the exact same thing during a meeting once at the KH. A few months later I was out!

What a bunch of nut cases!!!! This religion is just as stupid as Scientology . . .

crazy faceHi I'm a JW, want to join?

Thanks Misery for your long story, the longer the better (for me anyway)

3Mozzies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit