I listened to the meeting over the phone with my grandmother. This religion is nuts!!

by miseryloveselders 25 Replies latest jw friends

• life is to short
    life is to short

Do not apologize for your thread it was wonderful. I love your posts and you are a great writer.

I too tie in for just the announcements so as to keep up with what is going on as my husband is still a die hard and it helps to know ahead of time what might be going on so as to not be surprised.

Listening to the meetings puts a totally new spin on it. This one elder cannot read not that I should talk as I cannot spell for anything but I mean seriously he cannot read and it is so painful to listen to him at least I know I am a poor speller and would not try to teach someone else like he is. He stammers like crazy and is such a poor speaker and he is young really only in his late 30's. The local needs was on the internet and I so I stayed on to listen. I was only half listening but I swear the elder said not to even google the name Jehovah on the internet.

Oh and do not get me even started on the singing it is so horrible to listen to on the phone line.

Thanks again for your post.

LITS

• TD
    TD

Interesting and emotive. You're a good writer. -- I could picture myself in the room with you.

I agree. It would be cruel to do anything to take this little slice of happiness away from her.

• mamalove
    mamalove

I was picturing and smelling the whole thing while reading it. You are pretty funny!!!

• moshe
    moshe

Well, a lot of JWs are seeing the future through your grandmother in this story- and it ain't a pretty sight for them.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Oh I don't know Outlaw. It kind of set the mood for the story. I can't think of any fragrance that would go better with a Kingdom Hall meeting.

Fresh Grandma Poop in a Bucket?..

Sometmes it`s good to leave some of the story out..
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@IQuit!!..

I was eating Egg Foo Young at the time..

Thats a dish that looks like its been eaten once before..

The poop story didn`t help..

http://blogchef.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/egg_foo_yung_1.jpg

...................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit