"I need to do more Bible study"

by sabastious 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ziddina
    ziddina

Obv[iou]s' comments reminds me that it's time to post on the "Armageddon hasn't come yet" thread, yet again...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

We should have an "Armageddon Pool." 5/21/11 and 9/28/11 are taken by Camping and Obves, respectively.

I'll put my money on 10/21/9,999,991,975

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    Russel advocated studying the actual bible, not WT literature and trying to justify that literature with selected passages of the bible taken out of context.

... and that was just in the beginning, the honest endeavor of a nineteen year old, but over time of course he believed you could only find and keep the truth by reading his publications

• sabastious
    sabastious
    ... and that was just in the beginning, the honest endeavor of a nineteen year old, but over time of course he believed you could only find and keep the truth by reading his publications

Funny how that happens.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    It's a cult. What do you expect.

I don't speak of these things as merely evidence of cultish behavior. I speak it to stir up thoughts and emotions that could be helpful in remedying the situation.

Having the Watchtower as a foe is quite the complex fight, especially since I do not wish to harm it, just help it along and stop harrassing and absusing it's members.

-Sab

• freydo
    freydo

And especially observing the SABBATH which begins this afternoon - Shabbat Shalom.

Is 58:13,14

"If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day

....then you will find your joy in Yahweh...."

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

What is Harry Camping using as an escape clause?

Freddy Franz threw in the (unknown) time lapse between the creation of Adam and the creation of Eve as his escape clause.

Camping better have such an escape clause on hand that he can pull out of his #$s - as he is certainly going to need one come May 22 next year!

(I can't wait to see what it is - these guys, like all charlatans, are brilliant with coming up with some bull story to get themselves off the hook).

Bill.

• OBVES
    OBVES

2 Timothy 3.16.The Bible is for teaching and correction. We don't get all things right first time around as we study the Bible.

Spen hundreds of hours on reading the references from the Bible about the endtimes. Add hundreds more on examining my posts asking God for guidance all the time.

Also compare the way you are talking about the Bible with what Harold Camping is saying about the Bible on his Open Forum program.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Their founders are truly the only ones that delved into the artifact itself. That being the original Bible Students lead by pastor Russell.
    -Sab

Uh..Ya..

With a Pyramid and a Tape Measure..LOL!!..

(You can`t have a proper Bible Study without a Pyramid and a Tape Measure!)..

.................................. ...OUTLAW

• james_woods
    james_woods

OBVES 1 -

Psalms 148.104.5 show heavens and earth are forever .There cannot be contradictions in the Bible.

OBVES 2 -

You can find in the Bible Jesus is God and that Jesus is not God , you can find in the Bible there is a hot hell and you can find verses in the Bible there is no hot hell .

In the same thread - and still OBVES is telling us a date for the end of the world...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit