"I need to do more Bible study"

by sabastious 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ding
    Ding

How did this thread turn into a discussion of 2011 AD? (rhetorical question)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

LMAO !!
    Actually, he warned of people prediciting the end and saying the end was here and that he had returned, he warned against that.

And in regards to the end of days he said it would come liek a thief in the night, which obviously can't be predicted and he also said:

4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5 For John baptized with a water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”

6 So when they met together, they asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”

7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

Which means it's none of our business and that, even after receiving the HS that their concern is to be witnesses to Him ( Christ) to the ends of the Earth and not to think or worry about the end of days.

• OBVES
    OBVES

You don't understand Jesus spoke in parables,metaphors etc - Matthew 13.11,34-35.

Read Matthew 24.35 it is one preceding verse to Matthew 24.36 .

Jesus says there heaven and earth shall pass away . The point is heaven nd earth shall not pass away literally !Jesus spoke about the present evil world order that will pass away.

Psalms 148.104.5 show heavens and earth are forever .There cannot be contradictions in the Bible.

If you take the Matthew 24.36 literally you must be then unsaved person according to the Bible which says in Romans 3.9:

there is none righteous and there is none that seeks after God .

So, so , we cannot take these words literally as they stand we must interpret them in the light of other related passages in the Bible !

The same principle applies to Matthew 24.35-36.

Read Luke 12.39-40 which is also commonly misunderstood .

Read in the verse 39 to watch a goodman of the house must know the time when a thief is coming ! The next verse taken literaly ( verse 40 ) imposes a wrong take on the previous verse people think that a goodman doesn't know the time that is why he must watch !

Begin to study the Bible properly ! You must agree both sentences as there cannot be contradictions in God's words. They seem to contradict each other if taken cautiously .

Acts 1.7-8 is another example of misunderstanding the Bible .

Jesus was speaking to his apostles who were to be sent into the world to preach the Good News and the end of the world was not to take place in their lives so they didn't need to know the exact time of the end .

It is not for you ( my apostles standing here ) to know the time of the end . You will die long time before the end comes .

The knowledge of when the end will come is needed by those who will witness the end personally in their lives.

But there is more to the passage :

It is not of you to know the time .... You cannot know of yourself when the end will come but by the Holy Ghost that is in you.

• jay88
    jay88

It's the same reason that meditation and prayer is advocated, it become a taboo.

A meditating drone who,............prays. Hmmmmm,......It helps to reaffirm their belief system.

• jay88
    jay88

What I meant by taboo is something I would avoid under the wrong conditions.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Acts 1.7-8 is another example of misunderstanding the Bible .
    Jesus was speaking to his apostles who were to be sent into the world to preach the Good News and the end of the world was not to take place in their lives so they didn't need to know the exact time of the end .

There is no misunderstanding and it is plainly stated:

1 The first account I 1 composed , a Theophilus , about all that Jesus b began to do and teach ,

2 until the day when He a was taken up to heaven , after He b had 1 by the Holy Spirit given orders to c the apostles whom He had d chosen.

3 To 1 these a He also presented Himself alive after His suffering, by many convincing proofs, appearing to them over a period of forty days and speaking of b the things concerning the kingdom of God.

4 1 Gathering them together, He commanded them a not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for 2 b what the Father had promised, Which,” He said, “you heard of from Me;

5 for a Johnbaptized with water, but you will be baptized 1 with the HolySpirit 2 b not manydays from now.”

6 So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, “Lord, a is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?”

7 He said to them, “It is not for you to knowtimesorepochswhich a the Father has fixed by His ownauthority;

8 but you will receivepower a when the HolySpirit has come upon you; and you shall be b My witnessesboth in Jerusalem, and in allJudea and c Samaria, and even to d the remotestpart of the earth.”

The Ascension

9 And after He had said these things , a He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight .

10 And as they were gazing intently into 1 the sky while He was going, behold, a two men in white clothing stood beside them.

11 They also said, “ a Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into 1 the sky? This Jesus, who b has been taken up from you into heaven, will c come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.”

1) The end of days ( symbolic with the restoration of Isreal) is not to be guessed or tried to figure out, it is God's decision.

2) Witness in the name of Christ

3) Jesus will return as he left and all will see his return from the "heavens".

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Didn't Jesus say something about putting a question mark "?" behind your prediction so that you can cover your a$s when you're wrong.

Oh yeah! Whelp back to meetings, it turns out the Witnesses were right all along.

-Sab

• freydo
    freydo

Start with the 10 commandments - not the wtbt$$$ commandments or anybody else's - and go from there.

And God's name is not Jehovah nor is the Messiah's name Jesus.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Witnesses are routinely reminded of the "symptoms" of "spiritual sickness."

The worst symptom you can have is "doubts." The second you enter the "doubts" section of your journey you have become gravely spiritually sick.

Notice how the Witnesses (in their literature) paint the grimmest pictures surrounding these doubtful mindsets of the Organization. It is a place for lost souls it would seem. They always use somber and melancholy language.

-Sab

• OBVES
    OBVES

You need to study the Bible all over again and examine my posts on alt.religion.jehovahs-witn where you can read about the nature of the predictions in the endtime era.
    There is no specific date given in the Bible when Jesus will return .

You can find in the Bible Jesus is God and that Jesus is not God , you can find in the Bible there is a hot hell and you can find verses in the Bible there is no hot hell .And for ages people argued about these topics with most people getting the wrong explanations.

There is no date given in the Bible. There are many possible dates to give based on understanding of the Bible so the task of arrival at the right date is extremely difficult .There not two choices like in the case of hell where most people were wrong but thousands of possible dates .

So no wonder we must be very cautious when giving a specific date and let people know what is the essence of the predictions about the coming of Jesus and the end of the world.

Harold Camping is against all local churches including Jehovah's Witnesses but I am with Jehovah's Witnesses . He got the date May,21,2011 while I have Septemeber 28,2011 .And I must give him some credit in his date as calculations he presents on his Open Forum program are superb.

Read the story of Harold Camping on Wikipedia. He's number 1 Bible preacher on radio decisively. Right now when I am writing this response I have a audio tape running with his Open Forum .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit