"Charitable Giving" Brochure

by HintOfLime 27 Replies latest watchtower medical

• blondie
    blondie

*** km 2/95 p. 7 Announcements ***In response to many requests from publishers and interested ones, the Society has prepared a magazine-size brochure entitled Planned Giving to Benefit Kingdom Service Worldwide. Those planning to make a special gift now or leave a bequest at death to the Society may find this information helpful, especially if they wish to accomplish some family goal or estate-planning objective while using tax benefits to minimize the cost of the gift or bequest. A copy of the brochure may be obtained by writing or calling Watch Tower Society, Planned Giving Desk, 100 Watchtower Drive, Patterson, NY 12563-9204, telephone (914) 878-7000.

w99 11/1 p. 22 When Generosity Abounds

To assist individuals desiring to benefit the Society through some form of charitable planning, the Society has prepared an English-language brochure entitled PlannedGivingtoBenefitKingdomServiceWorldwide. The brochure was written in response to the many inquiries the Society has received regarding gifts, wills, and trusts. It also contains additional useful information on estate, financial, and tax planning. And it is designed to help individuals in the United States who are planning to make a special gift to the Society now or to leave a bequest at death to select the most advantageous and efficient method in the light of their family and personal circumstances. This brochure may be obtained by requesting a copy directly from the Charitable Planning Office.

After reading the brochure and conferring with the Charitable Planning Office, many have been able to assist the Society and at the same time, maximize the tax benefits of doing so. The Charitable Planning Office should be informed of and receive a copy of any relevant document pertaining to any of these arrangements. If you are interested in any of these charitable planning arrangements, you should contact the Charitable Planning Office, either in writing or by telephone, at the address listed below or at the Society’s office that serves your country.

CHARITABLE PLANNING OFFICE

Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania

100 Watchtower Drive, Patterson, New York 12563-9204

Telephone: (914) 306-1000

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

It occurred to me that this brochure might have been requested by the relative (or a hint dropped became a request), in which case, any JW I brought it up with would just throw up the blinders. Having spoken to a few JW's casually, the WT can do nothing wrong.

Very frustrating.

- Lime

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

It could be questioned by the courts (and non JW relatives)..anything like that on a deathbed type setting would come under suspicion. I bet one of the JW's was a Notary too...

How low can they go.....

Snoozy..wondering if Priests do this...

ps..The first thing my JW MIL did when she heard hubby (jw) was dying had him go to the bank with her and to the lawyer (as sick as he was) to take his name off everything so I wouldn't have any claim for his share of it if she died...I was wishing I hadn't shared my parents inheritance with him! He loved to spend money on his hobbies (with his worldly friends she knew nothing about) When I would object he always said he/we would have lots of money when his parents died...

I kissed that idea good-by

There is also no way she would ever leave anything to the society, I doubt she even gave at the hall.. And she was a die hard witness. Her remaining child, a daughter who is also a JW diehard.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Thanks, everyone.

At this point, my best hope is to get all the sterile JW's out of the room for a few minutes and let the couple have a private moment together without the RANK AND FILE constantly giving their empty blessings 24/7. It's so "perfect" and fake it's embarassing.

It may be wishing for too much, but were I in that situation, I would want that opportunity.

- Lime

• fokyc
  • Roski
    Roski

They will go very low when they smell the money. I was staying with my mother after my father died. I had a call from the neighbour just before going to her house one day to tell me the local elders had been round and changed the locks - my mother called and told me not to go there. They had been to the bank to change the Enduring Power of Attorney without so much as a phone call to me. I have been inside the house twice since then - once this week - and found a photo of me that had been in the lounge room for ten years had gone. I call every day but she has obviously been told not to communicate any more than possible. She has dementia (part of the problem - the other part is personality), but they will not take her to the doctors appointment for a ct scan - it will show that she is not mentally capable of signing all the documents that they have had her sign. Now they are renovating her house - my guess is that they own it. Looking back over the last few months, it is astounding just how cunning they have been. Obviously not the first time.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The link was posted several months ago and it still seems to work.

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=54896395df09cf755deb771c7835fc51

Click on the "Download" button at the bottom of the page. The upper button that says "Regular Download" brings you to another page that I didn't allow to finish loading.

• heathen
    heathen

blondie is right ,they love to play wih trust funds with the money , they did it with the oil gas lease money at the cong I attended. I think it's despicable . every month they cry about not having enough to pay the bills and start demanding donations then comes along a chance to have it all paid for they run off with the money.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

If he asked for the brochure then why the secrecy. Who asked for the personal one-on-one discussion? Why couldn't the wife be present?

If there is nothing secret about what they are asking then why the secrecy?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Aussie Oz

Lady lee, can i have a copy too?

Send me your email address by PM or use the link that Mad Sweeney posted

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit