"Charitable Giving" Brochure

by HintOfLime 27 Replies latest watchtower medical

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Can someone provide me with some information on the names and nature of a brochure by the WT with a name something along the lines of "Charitable Giving"?

Upon learning that a close JW relative was diagnosed with cancer, and possibly on their deathbed, the "friendly neighborhood JW hopital group" showed up, had a lengthy closed-door discussion with him one-on-one (wife couldn't be present), and left a brocure and DVD in the room with a title along the lines of "Charitable Giving" - I'm sorry, I didn't read the full name before it disappeared. The 'brothers' (*cough* moneyhounders in sheeps clothing *cough*) had already left this "information" and had "discussions" with him before even the family learned of the situation and had arrived.

Am I right in thinking this is a "you're soon-to-be-widow doesn't really need that life insurance money" brochure? It is a stressful time, and I don't want to make a scene, but I do want to know what those people are really up to - especially if the first people on the scene were after money.

Ultimately, it is their decision, and I don't want to make a scene - but if it is what I think it is, maybe I can at least hint at a non-specific warning.

- Lime

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

I have to go back to the hospital within the hour, and was really hoping for a clue here. Usually Google can give an answer to this sort of thing, but I seem to be missing it.

I changed the title of the topic to hopefully attract the attention of anyone who might know.

(LOL, Google is fast - the first result is bringing me to my own topic already.)

Perhaps I read the brochure's title wrong - does anybody know of ANY brochure and/or DVD the "Hospital Liaison Committee" hands out to people who aren't expected to survive?

- Lime

• heathen
    heathen

Did you try , www.watchtower.org ? That is pretty nervey if all they want is to talk about is leaving money to the WT. I thinkk they are just as greedy if not more so than any televangelist I've seen on tv.

• Rank&FileGuy
    Rank&FileGuy

Lime, check your messages, I sent to something.

-RFG

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The document is called "Charitable Planning" and th egoal is for people to sign all of their worldly good over to the WTS when they die.

What shocks me here is that the elders who are supposed to be giving advice on blood issues are doing double duty as money-grubbers for the WTS

They even suggest wording:

I give [sum of ___ dollars, all of the residue of my estate, or ___ percent of the residue of my estate] to the WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF PENNSYLVANIA, a nonprofit organization, with office and principal place of business at 25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, NY 11201-2483, U.S.A (p 24)

Interestingly this document bears no copyright information. Therefore I have no problem with distributing it. PM and email address to me and I will email it to you

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    Interestingly this document bears no copyright information.

C'mon Crooklyn, What's good for the goose should be good for the gander. Y'all can't have it both ways...

• sabastious
    sabastious

Lady Lee, pm'ed you.

-Sab

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

ummm sab You forgot something - check your PMs

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

a brochure for getting the estate? and they turn up at the hospital with it?

is this yet another elders/lawyers eyes only publication?

Lady lee, can i have a copy too?

Oz

• blondie
    blondie

There is also a feature where you can invest your money while you are still alive and benefit from the tax benefits of a non-profit corporation. Other non-profits sell the same feature. But if anyone in the organization dropped off that booklet at the hospital, are cruder and ruder than I have ever seen.

This brochure is available to any jw, all you have to do is write to the WTS for it. That's how I got a copy when I was still attending.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit