Do You Think You'll Grow Old and Die?

by leavingwt 31 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

Do you think you'll grow old and die?

I don't normally ever think about growing old and dying......(unless death is around me- which it is right now and frankly it sucks, hate it!)

To do so usually immediately causes me to rock back & forth while comforting images of me & my pet lion napping under a fruit tree on a warm day.

do you think your life will be cut short by a worldwide apocalyptic event (put in motion by man or God)

Never really worry about such thing........ too indoctrinated into believing I would survive it one way or another.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Think I'm going to die of natural causes. But also think humans are more than capable of screwing things up royally in the next 50 or 60 years before my death.

It won't be a biblical apocalyptic event because that is just fiction. But still don't have huge trust in humankind. Right now, capitalism runs this planet and we're seeing capitalism isn't sustainable. Will greed continue to win out?

• d
    d

Yes I do, you see we live only one life and that is it we do not live forever.With time after leaving the Jw's I learned that living forever is really just a myth a means to control you.One has to ask themself would living forever really be all that grand.Wouldn't you Ironically get tired of life.Thank aobut it like this would you appreiciate the little things in life such as a sunrise or sunset or a child's laughter if you were to live forever?It is the little things in life that mak life in many ways woth living.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The past decade's experiences have really brought home to me how unpredictable and fragile life is. I may grow old and die; I may get hit by a bus or a meteorite or some terminal disease before I get old; the 'Jesus thing' may happen and all bets are off. I dunno. Appreciate every day - whatever happens.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    To do so usually immediately causes me to rock back & forth while comforting images of me & my pet lion napping under a fruit tree on a warm day.

Yknot: Do those images truly comfort you?

• yknot
    yknot

For the most part yes...... occassionally there will be an elephant or a hammock.

• chickpea
    chickpea

well the "die" part is a given....

i HOPE i get to grow old, but i definitely
    have no concern about armagonnagetya...
    if a meteor is going to impact, well....
    whaddya gonna do about that, eh?
    accidents happen so there is no real
    guarantee, but i do have the expectation
    of a ripe old age

• flipper
    flipper

I've lost any and ALL fear of dying at an alleged " Armageddon" because I don't believe it's real. It's a fantasy designed by the WT society and other religions to keep people living in fear.

I feel I will live to 100 if I'm lucky and take care of myself ! Gotta break my great grandfather's record of living to 95 yrs. old ! But, yes- I'll grow old and die at some point. ALL of us will

• bobld
    bobld

Do you think you'll grow old? I don't have to think I'AM OLD.and die that is a given.

B

• blondie
    blondie

I hope to grow old and die....why does it have to be an apopalyptic event?....I could just be crossing the street and get clipped by someone who doesn't believe in crosswalks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit