Fred Franz

by d 35 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD

The current world situation pales next to the unrest of the 1960's when Mr. Franz was in full stride.

I'm not trying to imply that there is no fodder for the end-times speculator today, or that events like 9/11 were not important. There's still no comparison though.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I listened recently to a recording of him at Butler University in 1983 or so. I remember going there with my Mom and Dad to listen to him. I was about 11 years old at the time and couldn't follow him. When I listened to it again recently, I STILL CAN'T FOLLOW IT!!!! It's nonsensical!

"It was here in the year nineteen hundred and twenty fiiiiive that the fourth vial of Revelation was poured out.....right here in Indianapolis, Indiana......"

That's a direct quote.

I'm sure he would find a prophetic fulfillment of 9/11/01 since he was able to find fulfillment of Bible prophecy because it was extremely hot in the summer of 1925 in Indianapolis.

• drewcoul
  • miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Ya know something, I've always viewed popular religious personalities as odd, peculiar fellows. That's a nice way of putting it, as I'd rather use words such as, misfits, freaks, weirdos, nuts. Then there's the words I'd like to use for them that have a tinge of malice applied toward them such as, crooks, fraudsters, con artists, bull shitters, etc.. When I look at people like Joel Osteen, Jimmy Swaggart, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, The Pope, and that con fake tear producing Glenn Beck, I'd often wonder to myself how people couldn't see through their nonsense. In some cases you can judge a book by its cover, and all of the previous mentioned individuals are as phony as a two dollar bill. At the same time, that picture Dan posted of Fred Franz dressed like a member of the Bloods gang, leaves me at a loss of words for how my parents and other old school JWs didn't see through his crap either.

Look at all these frauds and hypocrites, and scoundrels, and Fred Franz fits right in with all of those rotton bastards.

Fred Franz' pic fits right in with the rest of these animals. I love my folks but it bothers me that my father in particular can see the rest of the clowns for the hypocritcal shysters that they all are, but he couldn't see it in Fred Franz back then. He can't see it in the rest of the GB today.

• d
    d

I agree this man would see propehcy in about everything.People like him are no diffrent than say Harold Camping.The talk is weird and does not make much sense.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Franz would've figured out a way to get 1918 and Armageddon into the book of Ruth if he wanted to.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I grew up during Franz's tenure. The family talked about him incessantly. While he stands out among Witnesses for education, his credentials aren't stunning. He was almost worshipped. His talks were tedious and weird, even to a young kid. Knorr was such a better speaker. He delved into tiny, obscure points. I'm curious as to what his path to Watchtower fame was. My assumption is that others were present (a few) with similar credentials. How did his views get to be such a wallop?

The others, Henschel, Larson, Knorr, Gangas had outsized egos, too. Why did they cede this territory to Franz? My father worked as Knorr's bodyguard. He despised Rutherford, had scenes with Knorr yet admired Franz. My gm explained KNorr was org and Franz was Bible. As a kid, I assumed it was arbitrary. Why I am interested after all this time floors me.

• d
    d

It is sad to think that many Jw's including myself at one point had no idea who this man was.I was talking to one of my friends about Fred Franz and my friend said "Who is Fred Franz? and I told him it is sad that both him and I were witness at one point and did not even know who Fred Franz or even who Nathan Knorr.If you do not know the history of your own religion, you then should seriously your religion.

I am glad I did my research and left that wack job religion those governing are crazy and legends only in their own mind.I think more information should be made public about the truth of the witness and all the lies.So that people can see the truth

• Joliette
    Joliette

^ @ D: Yes that is soooo true. Most witnesses today dont even know about the history of their religion. They dont even know who Fredrick Franz or Nathan Knorr or even Joseph Rutherford was. Or even Charles Taze Russell.

I knew these men but I didnt know the full and unfiltered history of the society. Its crazy what you'll find out when you look into the non-watchtower version of the histories of these men.

• Joliette
    Joliette

>>>Franz would've figured out a way to get 1918 and Armageddon into the book of Ruth if he wanted to.

@ Leolaia: Great quote.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit