What the WT requires for reinstatement

by sabastious 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

When they sucker in new ones the give them a lot of leeway and bit by bit they encourage them to do this or that until they get dipped. Once dipped you can almost fade right away -sort of. You don't have to underline and you can put in couple hours a month of service and so forth. Once you leave by choice or get kicked out it's hard to come back in!! They make you feel like dirt, they make your life a nightmare. Depending on which congregation you got to, you may have to come in after the prayer and leave before and talk to no one. They want to see that you are studying the material so underlining helps even if you don't comment. In time they give you a "privilege" of going and recruiting and they want to see you regular. After all this stupidity and humiliation they may reinstate you if that 's how they feel like or they may make you crawl on your hand and knees for couple more months. Once the person gets bit OK announcement, all that can stop.

It's a power play and abuse of human dignity but that's what cults love to do. This is just from observation of df people in the family and others how they would walk into the kh with their heads down like a puppy with a tail between their legs.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

This just goes to show that no matter how long you are "in", and I have been "in" for more than six decades, you still don't know the extent of the abuse some experience at the hands of some of the elders. My son is an elder, and I just can't picture him doing this. He is such a well balanced person, and so personally kind. He is not the sort of man who would humiliate another person. Surely not all elders do such awful things....

• jay88
    jay88

blu64-Can someone please tell me if disfellowshipping is the same as disassociation? I am trying to get my reinstatement back but only so I can have my family back.....my story has been posted so I will not rehash verbatum but basically am I just running in circles with regards to getting reinstated and then disassociating myself? Are the reprocussions the same???

>>>>>>>>>>>

Why DA yourself if you have JW family members that you want to hang with? Now, you have to commit to a whole year of meetings, FS, and underling.------Just be a fader(Jehovah's Bystander) and enjoy your freedom.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77
    Surely not all elders do such awful things....

GrandmaJones, I wish I could say the same. I have moved and traveled through the states and internationally enough to know firsthand that the majority are just there for the power trip. I have seen so much abuse to not just myself, but by a lot of my good friends by these elders it's abysmal. I've seen good friends turn into the worst enemies when they got appointed to Elder or Ministerial Servants. They flaunted their new badge of authority around like it was gold, they were the new Sheriff in town and they made sure everyone knew it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"If you want to be re-Enstated..Pucker Up!"..

File:Shawn Michaels Kiss My Ass Club.jpg

....................... ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

Very well put Outlaw

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

What the WT requires for reinstatement:

The JC makes the 'wrongdoer' jump thru hoops! I know of some who have had to submit 4,5 & as many as 6 letters requesting reinstatement.

In most cases I know of; high on the list of 'works befitting repentance' that the JC was looking for involved 100% meeting attendance, unless you had a legitimate excuse for being absent (a call to the chairman on the JC was a must) and yes........ that your lessons were studied!

It always made me wonder how serious the wrongdoing had been.

That is what many call 'Abuse Of Power'. And it continues!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Sabastious: Good Topic!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

OUTLAW:

Sad but true!

• yknot
    yknot

Underline!!!!

OH NO .......NO, NO, NO....

You need to use at least 2 highlighters and notes in the margin while staring at the Conductor with a goofy 'you saved my life' look on your face!

Trust me many Elders/MSs/Mic Handlers are told to observe how people mark in their litertrash!

Appearance, not to over the top acting skills and patience..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit